PDA

View Full Version : Are any fabrics safe?

StarlightSerenity
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I would love to make a hammock for my new syrian as I love sewing and making stuff however I have no idea what fabrics, if any, would be safe to use.

Anyone know what fabrics are safe?

Womblehands
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
sorry I can't be much help, I've never put fabrics in my hammies cage as I'm worried they will swallow some.. but others i know are fine with their hammocks..

StarlightSerenity
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
I think maybe I will have to wait and see if Luna is a chewer, so far she's had a little nibble of her wooden house but thats it, no bar chewing or chewing any plastic.

Hopefully she wont be a chewer, her cage is all wire :o

SnickersTheFirst
01-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Snickers is a bar chewer but has never chewed her hammock, she loves to sit in it to check out what's going on! I've never made one though so not sure what is safe, sorry.

StarlightSerenity
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Snickers is a bar chewer but has never chewed her hammock, she loves to sit in it to check out what's going on! I've never made one though so not sure what is safe, sorry.

See I think Luna would love a hammock, just worried she will end up becoming ill, although I could just keep an eye on her with it.

I emailed the National Hamster Council asking for some information but they didnt email me back :(