PDA

View Full Version : hamlet died.

Kait
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
my eight month old hamster died.
i dont understand.. he's been his normal self. active..eating..drinking.. i left for class at 630pm and he was climbing up his cage saying his usual goodbye to me. and then i get home at 915pm and find him lying on his belly dead.. his eyes still open and already hard...
he never got to use all of his christmas present we bought for him.....
i just dont get it.. what possibly could have happened?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lula
01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear it. I only read your profile yesterday about your two hammies. I have no idea what could have happened. :(

suga
01-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Oh its so sad. Its always so difficult to say why our little ones go so suddenly, especially if they haven't been ill before. I can't even hazard a guess but someone with more experience may be able to comment.

Hugs to you.

SnuggleHam
01-17-2007, 05:05 AM
*hugs* sorry to hear about Hamlet. His death is peculiar, especially if he was acting normal. I wonder if it could have been a stroke or heart attack? If you havent already buried him perhaps you cold take him to a vet for a bit of an autopsy? Im sure they might be able to give suggestions.

When Gerald became Ill I took him to the vets to be put to sleep because I knew there was no getting better for him. I was unsure what went wrong, but the vet told be that she felt he has a sever cheek pouch infection. I'm glad I asked because now I'll know what signs to look for in the future.

Hana
01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
How sad, sorry to hear about Hamlet :cry:

The same happened to my Syrian Nibbles, I never did find out how he went.

LilaHam
01-17-2007, 11:06 AM
im sorry for your loss. XD

Minicooper
01-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Im Sorry sorry to hear about hamlet. I am thinking of you. :( *Hugs*

pophammy
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
So sorry about Hamlet. R.I.P little one :cry:

souffle
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I am so sorry that poor Hamlet has passed to the bridge :cry: Sometimes animals are born with some little hidden defect inside that is invisible to the naked eye and this may suddenly mean they die. It is like that in humans too. Sadly some are taken sooner than others. There is no way of knowing but at least he seems to have gone quickly and without pain which is merciful. I know you want to know what happened but sometimes there is nothing anyone could have done and it is knowones fault and you just need to accept that then you can let his memories make you smile again. RIP Hamlet

Intense125
01-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. I know it must be a difficult time for you.

Kait
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
thank you all for your messages and kind words. they are much appreciated... i miss him so much it hurts.

babyboos
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Rest in peace little guy