PDA

View Full Version : Snuggle pouch for a chinese?

KatiePillow
01-10-2011, 01:29 PM
My little chinese girl sesame escaped during the night the other day, by crawling up a fluffy blanket I have, and then dozing off in it, and since she didn't chew it at all..I was wondering if it's ok for chineses' to have fluffy pouches as hidey holes (like rats do) also wondering if anybody has any experience of giving their chinese something fluffy/warm?

fluffymunchkins
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I bought one of those snuggly christmas pudding houses for Bacardi and he loved it :)
It actually helped with taming aswell as he felt comfortable enough in it to sit omy lap and watch TV :D

But i certainly wouldn't reccommend leaving it in the cage as they are likely to chew it and try using the fluffy material as a nest

KatiePillow
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok :) thanks for the advice, it's actually your youtube video that inspired me to maybe get her one, as you mentioned having hammocks etc for your hammies :)
(also, off topic..but you have a LOT of stuff...)
I might buy her a snuggle thing for outside the cage then, she doesn't seem to like my pockets etc, (but did rather like the bit on my back out of both of my arms reach -.- )

fluffymunchkins
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
haha yh, i know :D trying to ban myself from buying more but it seems a wasted trip to the pet store if i don't come out with anything :mad:

I think she'd like it, they certainly enjoy nesting in hair and in hoody pockets :) I've cleaned out bacardis cage with him there before now!

KatiePillow
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
She's moving into a duna multy soon (she seems to like a lot of space, but I think the coloured sides would make her more comfortable, and I'm going to get her an underground tunnel system,
Sorry to go off topic again, but does bacardi like his wodent wheel a lot? I want to buy sesame a new wheel, she's in a savic rolly, but she loop-the-looped on it =/ and got her foot caught on spindle, she was ok, but I didn't like it..I thought the wodent wheel would be a good choice because she would feel safer enclosed? but she also buries her current wheel =/ so I can't decide whether it's worth it, since she doesn't use her own wheel..due to the burying T_T

fluffymunchkins
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Bacardi has a silent spinner, although he enjoyed a toddle on the wodent wheel during playtime. But i think it would be better to have the silent spinner as they can really pick up speed and run easily on it :)

You could try a wodent wheel, the fact its enclosed could be beneficial if shes feeling a bit shy when wheel running.

KatiePillow
01-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Either way I'll have to buy a new wheel, I've just won 3 karlie wonderland wheels, but know chinese's tend to pee in their wheels, so going to just keep the third as spare, and I'm trying to choose between the silent spinner and wodent wheel, think I'll go for the silent spinner..they're such good wheels, and very sturdy too (like..she'll find them harder to tip than her current rolly wheel :) )

racinghamster
01-11-2011, 08:11 AM
A wee tip for you on the Silent Spinner wheels KatiePillow. Remember to unscrew the yellow ball-bearing from the yellow clip on the back when you wash the wheel. If the yellow parts are left attached and immersed in water, it will rust the screw inside. So always unscrew the yellow bits and then screw them on again once the wheel has been washed! :)

Silent Spinners (the Regular size) are great for hamsters and mice. I`ve never bothered with other wheels personally.

KatiePillow
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
That's really great info to know rh, I have one already for my little boy pillow, but one of my girls is a spindle chewer, so I got a couple of karlie wonderland wheels on ebay (like bulk lot) but I never thought to unscrew it to wash (he's a wheel pooper T_T )

I'll probably get sesame a silent spinner :) (6.5" of course :) )

racinghamster
01-12-2011, 04:20 AM
No problem KP. I love my silent spinners although I keep mice and not hammies! :) Wooden wheels do tend to soak up urine yes, but I suppose if they are scrubbed up and changed regularly and left to air dry, they should be fine.