PDA

View Full Version : Pairing failed already - help

Lilpip
11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Bought two little campbells (from pet shop so prob hybrids) yesterday. They seemed fine mostly except for the usual re-establishing dominance arguments ( there were 3 in the cage in the shop). Overnight there was a lot of squeaking. Tonight I got them out and noticed the one who was being chased had lots of bites underneath. They have been apart now for a few hours. Was I too quick in giving up or was separating them the right thing to do.

RobeyOs
11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
If I was in your position (and have been before) I would separate them, no sense in stressing them out and having boo-boos. It can be frustrating when you buy two hammys and expect them to be in one cage, because then you have two cages and all! I'd keep them separated, or if you haven't fallen in love and can bring your self to do so, bring one back? (personally I could never do that!)

Lilpip
11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I'll have to buy some more toys for them now. Thanks for the quick reply I was just worried as I've never had campbells before

souffle
11-26-2010, 04:24 PM
General rule is that if blood is drawn they need separated. Don't worry about expensive toys as loo roll tubes and old boxes do fine. They need a wheel each.
I would keep them alone now as you really don't want the stress of seeing them fighting and worrying about them.

Lilpip
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
The squeaking kept me up last night with both the noise and worry

Emma :)
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I think you've done the right thing in separating them. Sorry to hear that they don't get along. :(

mangoandmimi
11-27-2010, 02:58 AM
yeah i think you done the right thing too :) If you've given them everything 2 dwarfs should have like 2wheels etccccc then yeah separating them is for their own good :)