PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

sparkles
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
My name is Sparkles and I have a new hamster named Cherrios Fussykins.

Mr. Fuzzykins is a white and beige teddy bear hamster. He doesn't like people combing him with his brush but he is still cute.

:lol:

SnuggleHam
11-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Welcome Sparkles! We are always glad to see new people on HC! Congratulation on the new syrian ham! let me just say that I /adore/ the name Cherrios Fussykins! Lol :lol: Its so cute! I hope that you will be able top share pictures of Mr. Fuzzykins with us sometime!

Again welcome, and I hope to see you poking around the forum!

souffle
11-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Welcome to the forum Sparkles and what a cutie your hammie sounds :lol: Very original name too - brilliant :lol: :lol: Have you tried an old toothbrush or a soft baby brush on his coat? I am sure he will soon get used to it and come to enjoy his grooming. Ours sure do.

suga
11-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Welcome :-) to you both...

Hana
11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
hi and welcome!
Love the name too! :)

sparkles
11-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been using a very soft toothbrush for his coat. He now loves getting groomed. He also loves cherrios.

Minicooper
11-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Hello Sparkles, Hope to see some pictures of your Ham! :D

hammiesarelovex3
11-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome Sparkle and Cherrios Fussykins! :) I hope you enjoy the forums, if you need help, feel free to mail me! :) Can't wait to see pics!

pophammy
11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see some pics of Mr Fuzzykins, love the name! :lol:

babyboos
11-29-2006, 07:46 AM
huge hugs and welcome to you both
hope to hear all about your adventures together

sparkles
12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Today my brouther was trying to get him out of his cage but he kept on moving around the cage. I had to get him out and give him to my brouther then when I went to put something away he jumped and bounced off the cage and landed in my brothers hands. Then he tried again but he landed on the bed. I don't think Mr. Fuzzykins likes my brother.I was very shocked. :shock:

souffle
12-02-2006, 12:19 PM
You need to be very careful and not let hamsters fall Sparkles as they can be badly injured. It is best to put the cage on the floor or bed before taking him out and make sure your brother sits down and holds him low over a surface so if he does jump he will not have far to fall.

sparkles
12-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Souffle,
Thanks for the good advice. This is sparkles Mom. I was soo glad to see my advice mirrored here, even though sparkles brother should have known better as he is quite a bit older.
Good advice can never be repeated often enough when it comes to our small pets!

I think that he is going to do pocket pets 101 again!

souffle
12-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Please tell your mom I am glad to hear she considers our little friends so important. Perhaps she would like to join us on the forum herelf :lol: I am Pophammy's mom!

sparkles
12-04-2006, 06:32 PM
:D
Thank you for the invite, I am trying to let sparkles have a bit of fun on her own (sigh). But I do try to supervise a little. Sparkles doesn't mind if I use her spot every once in a while. Mr. Fuzzykins is her baby alone.

Mr. Fuzzykins is not our only pocket pet but he is our first hamster. We also have 13 rats. All girls, just pets, no breeding. I am quite addicted to the little critters.

babyboos
12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
We have quite a few members who are also keen rat fans. You have a lucky family indeed to have 13 rats and a hamster in the household :wink:

hammiesarelovex3
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Welcome! :) Please post pictures! I'd like to see your hammies. :) Is Mr.fuzzykins a long haired hamster?

sparkles
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
yes Mr.fuzzykins is a long haired hamster. :lol:

sparkles
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Im am very sad to say when I was away my littel hamster mr fuzzkens died. So the person that was taking care of him got me a girl and I named her miss sparkles fuzzkens. :-({|=

SnuggleHam
01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Thats horrible Sparkles! what happened to Mr.Fuzzykins while you were away?

souffle
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh dear Sparkles I am so sorry to hear of the loss of poor Mr Fuzzykins. Was he ill? Take good care of your new little lady hamster and we look forward to meeting her.
Rest in Peace Mr Fuzzykins :cry:

sparkles
01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
sparkles Mom here, we don't really know what happened whth Mr. Fuzzykins. When we left he appeared to be fine; no sneezing, eating fine, running in his wheel etc. We left on a Monday and the babysitter said he was fine until she came in Saturday am and he was curled up in his house and didn't move when they called which is when they dicovered the scary happening. Every petsitter's nightmare! As they knew how much sparkles valued Mr. Fuzzykins they tried to find another one just the same. Hahahah!!! Hence a similar but female not shorthair but not really long like Mr. Fuzzykins either.

As the petsitter is experienced with pocket pets and they don't know what to make of it I really don't know what to think other than it could have been genetic.

Minicooper
01-04-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm so sorry sparkles, it must be horrible to lose someone you have loved. miss sparkles fuzzkens sounds lovely and I cant wait to hear some more about her........and some pics would be great too.

RIP Mr Fuzzykins :cry:

SnuggleHam
01-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Thats awful, its to bad you cant know what happened to cause it? But that was nice of them to get another hammy for sparkles. I can imagine it must have been a nightmare for the poor sitter.

Hana
01-04-2007, 09:47 AM
I always worry that the pets will die on me when I look after my friends pets.

I'm sorry for your loss and it must be hard that you don't know what happened. Hope you have fun with your new ham!

RIP Mr. Fuzzykins

sparkles
01-05-2007, 06:28 AM
sparkles Mom here; More to this sad saga.

Ms. Sparkles Fuzzykins was very sick; Wet Tail, progressed very fast and she is now in care. Don't know if she will make it. Poor girl while she is not well and obviously so she was still not nippy or vocally complaining. At this point we feel we need to disinfect and be hammyless for at least two weeks.

sparkles is quite sad and is hoping at the end of two weeks to be told of a baby with a nice personality from a breeder. (long hair black bear) :D

Let you know how things go!

SnuggleHam
01-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Oh poopy :( One thing after the other huh. I'm sorry to hear you guys are having a bad luck. I hope that Ms. Sparkles Fuzzykins is able to recover. My thought are with you guys.

Minicooper
01-05-2007, 06:32 AM
I hope Ms. Sparkles Fuzzykins gets better. :cry: :cry: I am thinking of you. :cry:

Hana
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
oh thats so sad :cry: I hope she gets better soon and you don't loose hope :(

souffle
01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
What bad luck Poor little lady ham. I hope she makes it but it is a very hard disease for little hammies to get over. I think a really good disinfect with baby bottle sterilising fluid such as miltons on everything would be a good idea. Dry well and sit the cage in the sun if you have any. Start with new food, bedding etc just in case it is contaminated.
My thoughts are with you. Sparkles don't lose heart. It really is just a sad quirk of nature that you hammies have gotten ill :cry: