PDA

View Full Version : WW color question

operationotohamstry
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I know a bit about WW colors but lately I came across something odd and somewhat ugly and wasnt sure if it was this other color. I know of the Pearl, Normal, and Sapphire, but I've been hearing about this other color called Imperial and I have no idea what it is. Lately a pet store I work at has been selling these oddly colored cream and white WW's and I've not come across them before. One of them looked blatantly hybrid, but the most recent one doesnt at all. I was wondering is this creamy color (no sabling, just solid cream with white belly) the Imperial I've heard about, or am I missing a color, or is this just a result of hybridization...and if it is then what on earth is Imperial haha?

Katty_Sheldon
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I think its simply a hybrid. Sometimes they totally look like a WW but have a weird color and thats the only way you can know. But i guess some expert will tell us more!

fluffymunchkins
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I have never heard of such a colour!
I believe they were just hybrids, especially since it is from a pet shop.
Did they have red or black eyes?

operationotohamstry
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
They were black eyed.
But even if it is just a hybrid, which I totally believe, what color is Imperial?

internet_nobody
11-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Imperial isn't/wasn't (it seems to have vanished) a colour exactly, it made the belly white.

Did they have any markings at all? I was going to say maybe mandarin pearl (as they can look creamy from the ticking), but then you'd see a dorsal stripe still.

operationotohamstry
11-23-2010, 08:08 PM
One of them was solid cream but with the suggestion of a dark gray dorsal stripe down the back. The second one I've seen that looks all WW conformation wise has a very visible dark grey dorsal stripe.

isa1991
11-25-2010, 12:37 PM
yes, i have heard about this kind of WW. and yes they are hybrids! there are some many of it also in italy.