PDA

View Full Version : play pen ideas please

cara
11-12-2010, 05:48 AM
This weekend with the kids i am going to make hamilton a playpen. He doesnt have the biggest cage so i do try and get him out in his ball a few times a day and he does have lots of toys in his cage but hes not tame enough yet for the children to hold so i was thinking of making him a playpen this weekend so he doesnt just get bored of the toys in his cage and the ball.

What would you suggest would be best to use - cardboard box? plastic box?

Any particular size?

Hes got lots of chewy toys and toilet rolls in his cage and i was thinking of getting him a seesaw for his playpen - what else could i add to it or even get the kids to make?

What would you suggest laying at the bottem of the playpen? hes only going to be using it for a while each day so would you suggest woodshavings or something else?

Many thanks xx

Bethaniee
11-12-2010, 05:57 AM
My hamster loves cardboard boxes. You could put lots of cardboard boxes in his playpen, cut holes and attach tubes to them :) They're free and to a hamster just as good as a bought toy! At the moment Wiggle's got a cup a soup box, he's chewed holes in it and loves climbing inside and on top of it :D

I'm not sure about the layering...

Womblehands
11-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Mine like to run up the stairs and their play pen on the bed..
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-chat/11418-play-pen-idea.html