PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the Word About Hamster Central!! :)

SnuggleHam
03-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Just a little note to everybody!

I want to encourage our members to try and spread the word about Hamster Central. I haven’t yet seen it show up on a Google search but it will in a Yahoo search. Because its still not showing up in search engines we need to spread the word ourselves.

I have been doing so in a few places but it seems my intent of advertising for exposure is starting to bother people and I’m running out of ideas where to try and let people know about Hamster Central :P

So if you know any places to spread the word please do so! Also if you know of any great hamster websites where I can email and ask about doing a link exchange please let me know the URL and I will look into the site!

I know some of you have been doing a great job in recruiting, but maybe we can all do our best to step it up a notch and do some field work :P I really appreciate everyone’s help!

Someday I'm hoping that when someone types in the word "hamster" this will be one of the first sites to show, naturally it will grow on its own then, but for when it does it would be nice to already have a well developed forum :)

amnerisryn
03-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Will do! And gladly! :)

I saw that whole thing on LJ. :roll: Not that I don't see where their arguments are coming from (I personally didn't think you were being annoying with promoting HC) but I agree that they seemed to be overkilling the whole situation. A simple email to you privately would have sufficed, in my opinion. But then again, I work at a place where not having all the salad dressings out on the salad bar is a national emergency. Seriously.

Btw, would you mind if I friended you on LJ?

SnuggleHam
03-24-2005, 06:52 AM
I wouldnt mind if you added me at all :) Most the time Im just posting about my artwork though :P

The owner of that LJ community added Hamster Central to their Info page though!!! which I thought was really nice of them :)

In your case you might not want to tell people about HC on LJ they might get mad with you :P

amnerisryn
03-24-2005, 07:46 AM
No probs, most of the time I post about the less than brilliant people I deal with at work. And my cats. And Tinky (who I think I'm going to make him his own journal...).

I saw Blob's post and I'm glad she did. :)

Well, if they get mad, then they get mad but I don't think I'll have too many problems. Mainly I'll be spreading word of mouth through my local vets offices of which only one office of nine in my town has someone on staff who is competent with small animals (but not super exotic small animals like degus, chinchillas, and sugar gliders). However, they do handle ostriches and llamas. :-s Go figure.

Coco1
03-24-2005, 03:54 PM
If I ever get the opportunity to spread the word of this site I'll most certainly do so! :D

babyboos
03-24-2005, 04:24 PM
What is LJ? Live Journal???

SnuggleHam
03-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes thats right LJ is short for live journal.. soon we will be using the abreviation HC for Hamster Central :P

amnerisryn
03-25-2005, 07:38 PM
soon we will be using the abreviation HC for Hamster Central :P

I already do. :lol:

babyboos
03-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Getting that way too :oops:

jabeeberz
04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
This place seems fantastic so far and I'd like to help out with promoting.

Can I use the header from the main page to link back to here or what should I use? I'll put it in my info on lj and promote around with it as well. Thanks!

SnuggleHam
04-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Sure you can use the header from the main page if you like :) I would advise against posting it directly in any LJ communities though, I did that in a Hamster Community and boy did I get an earfull, people said I was spamming and got very annoyed with me, so just keep that in mind is all :)

Quincygirl
05-04-2005, 03:28 AM
There is this really good hammy site called Hamster Hamlet. http://www.hamsterhamlet.com/

They have contest, art, photos, newsletters, articles, poems, etc. I really enjoy going there. So, you might want to check it out.

Hope that helps!

Oh and I will definitely spread the word about this site. I'll put a little note in my DeviantArt account about this place. It is by far the best one I have found.

SnuggleHam
05-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Aww thank you Quincygirl, I'll have to check it out, love you little avatar by the way hehe

babyboos
08-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey I have never seen this site before - really nice and from all those photos in the monthly competition obviously has a broad audience. Have you approached them for a link exchange Candace :)

SnuggleHam
08-18-2005, 04:49 AM
There is this really good hammy site called Hamster Hamlet. http://www.hamsterhamlet.com/

They have contest, art, photos, newsletters, articles, poems, etc. I really enjoy going there. So, you might want to check it out.

Hope that helps!

Oh and I will definitely spread the word about this site. I'll put a little note in my DeviantArt account about this place. It is by far the best one I have found.

Sorry I havnt been paying as much attention as I should, things have been quite busy with all this forum stuff going on. But I checked out the site, added their link to HC and asked if they would do a link exchange with me.

Hopfully they will add the HC link soon. Its quite a cute site :)

babyboos
08-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Yes I will be doing the hamster oragami with the children at the Edinburgh HAMSOC show in September.

SnuggleHam
08-18-2005, 08:04 AM
That's cool babyboos, :)

Intense125
01-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to let you all know (if you didn't already) that Hamster Central is coming up on Google searches. That's how I found you and got such promt and helpful advice on Macy. I was searching for information about pyometra infection in hamsters, and Google led me to a forum by HamsterCareGiver about her hamster Stinky.

SnuggleHam
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Great news! I'm glad that we are showing up on search engines allot more now :)

babyboos
01-12-2007, 02:28 PM
that is excellent news

happysaz133
06-23-2008, 05:40 AM
I found this place on a search engine :) I don't know many hamster people, but those I do know, I'll let them know about this place! How many members are there in total on the site?

Bunsey
06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
if you type in hamster forum, this comes up on the first page :wink:

happysaz133
06-23-2008, 07:56 AM
if you type in hamster forum, this comes up on the first page :wink:

Yep, that's exactly what I did!

souffle
06-24-2008, 05:12 AM
How many members are there in total on the site?

If you look at the very bottom line of the forum it tells you the site statistics. At the moment we have 610 members :D

Pouchy
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Been away from hc for a month or two, come back and its all change. Great new website. The green theme is so restful. Well done everyone who got this going. its a credit to you all.

souffle
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM
It's all down to snuggleham & smoo Pouchy...and welcome back!

liam4mail
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
ami_j introduced me! :)

Rach86
02-14-2009, 03:27 PM
:D

taylr1996
12-12-2009, 10:27 AM
i already have done i have brought one of my friends to hamster central and mentioned it to 2 others !!

Fluffy
12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for letting your friends know about our community. We continue to grow. One member at a time. :)

Jason

Hamster567
12-22-2009, 03:54 AM
I found this forum by googling 'hamster forum'. It was first on the list!

Sterluv
12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I will definately tell my cousins Erin and Megan!

I think I got it to show up on a Google search...might have been yahoo.

FaerieCorpsey
06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
I had one idea about spreading the word: Twitter. It's a really good way of getting your name out there. You can set up and account and get followers and if you share information about hamsters on there people are more likely to find it and follow. I know that I have been looking to meet Hamster fans/rescue/forums on twitter just to get chatting to more fellow hamsters lovers! :)

RCalabraro
06-30-2012, 07:25 PM
The way to get something to show up in Google searches is to link to it. I've been putting links to it in my blog. (http://rcalabraro.tumblr.com/)

RCalabraro
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM
by the way, I first found this forum using Google.. I think it was in November 2011.

HorseyMandz
07-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Come on! We need to get HC known about- it's the best forum out there (in my opinion). Others are good, but HC is better and has more knowledgable people. Another forum (naming no names) seems to be full of clueless people who 'own a hamster who lived for four years' (by freak chance based on the way they've looked after them) so they decide they're experts.](*,)

Pie
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Come on! We need to get HC known about- it's the best forum out there (in my opinion). Others are good, but HC is better and has more knowledgable people. Another forum (naming no names) seems to be full of clueless people who 'own a hamster who lived for four years' (by freak chance based on the way they've looked after them) so they decide they're experts.](*,)
I completely agree with this! I've been signed up on other forums before and none of them were even nearly as good as HC.

herbi7
04-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Any time I sell hamster stuff on ebay or gumtree I slip a little note in on hamster care and a link to this site and erin'shamsters, just so people get half a chance of knowing how to care for their hamsters properly!

Fluffy
04-10-2015, 10:20 PM
An old thread, but I am happy to hear. It is always good to hear that members recommend our community to others.

Jason.