PDA

View Full Version : Another hamster on ebay!!

Saffy
11-06-2010, 03:46 AM
I just came across this on ebay, i was trying to find the old thread to post it inthere but was unable to find it. Anyway i think its a russian hamster sorry if i am wrong and have posted in the wrong hamster section.
Poor little thing has practically nothing in it's cage!! I don't really want to report it so was seeing if maybe someone on here was able to get it.
small hamster with cage on eBay (end time 14-Nov-10 19:59:44 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/small-hamster-cage-/130451651773?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item1e5f863cbd)

Fidgetthefirst
11-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Oh lord :| Could somebody message them and ask them to take it off, and put him on a website like gumree, or preloved. I dont have an ebay account :/ If not we'll have to report it :/ and it does look like a russian dwarf

mangoandmimi
11-06-2010, 03:51 AM
annoys me so much >.< i wish i was nearer... actually i dont as i wouldnt be alloowed!!
hope someone sensible gets it :(

hamster mum
11-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Poor little thing, if it was nearer I would offer it a home minus the cage. To be honest selling a live animal on ebay is only slightly worse than gumtree or preloved etc but the problem I have with it is that they are willing to sell to the highest bidder rather than the best potential owner. I hope he goes somewhere nice and lives out his days there:(.

madlyn
11-06-2010, 05:28 AM
what sort of moron does that?
i have sent them a message telling them to take it off. if they dont want it take it to the RSPCA or pets at home as they will put it up for adoption.

Amethyst_ice
11-06-2010, 05:34 AM
ebay policies state you cannot sell live animals on there- you even get a warning. I shall report it...ps.ebay doesnt tell the person who reported them x

wofunny
11-06-2010, 05:38 AM
ebay policies state you cannot sell live animals on there- you even get a warning. I shall report it...ps.ebay doesnt tell the person who reported them x

Cant you fit a little dwarfie in your hammy room? ;) xx

Amethyst_ice
11-06-2010, 05:50 AM
hahaha ive already seen the cage advertised thise week....it must not have sold and they added ham- its cute but no more furries! ive reported it x

princess-rhi89
11-06-2010, 05:51 AM
I just reported the item so ebay will remove it, the poor little hammie wish I could rescue him, I hate people like this, why buy the hamster if your not gonna love it and look after it grrrr.... sorry end of rant xx

Fidgetthefirst
11-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I just reported the item so ebay will remove it, the poor little hammie wish I could rescue him, I hate people like this, why buy the hamster if your not gonna love it and look after it grrrr.... sorry end of rant xx

Some people buy them, then they litreally cant look after, or keep them for reasons, but i wish people would think about selling the animals on ebay though; anybody could end up with them, and its a very cheap hamster so, even more tempting for someone :/

princess-rhi89
11-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Yea I agree FTF but if they cant cope they should have the sense to give them to an adoption centre so they go to a good home, I wish I could rescue them all. xx

anorak
11-06-2010, 04:35 PM
This really really makes me very sad and very angry. Would they do it for a cat or a dog? NO. Why is it ok just because the animal in question is smaller to some people less significant? A hammy takes just as much looking after and just as much care and attention as any other animal. I am really annoyed by this........

Fidgetthefirst
11-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Yea I agree FTF but if they cant cope they should have the sense to give them to an adoption centre so they go to a good home, I wish I could rescue them all. xx

I know it does annoy me, its not that much effort to go to a rescue centre or even a pet shop if they were truly that lazy :@

mangoandmimi
11-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah i agree as with gumtree the same can happen, but at least you get to TALk to the person before you sell it !!

Fidgetthefirst
11-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah i agree as with gumtree the same can happen, but at least you get to TALk to the person before you sell it !!

Exactly! On ebay, you bid and whoever wins, its VERY hard to like 'cancel the win'