PDA

View Full Version : For Minicooper re: odd eyes!

souffle
10-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Minicooper, today at the hamster show I asked Jean Tye of Tristar Hamstery and a National Judge how she would look on an odd eyed hamster on the show bench. She told me that in a banded hamster the standard states that is is perfectly acceptable and as long as both eyes were the same size and shape then no points would be lost for odd eyes. She also told me that with odd eyes, especially if one is very pinky red the hamster almost always carries the 'white belly' gene which means that if you were to breed her she should always be mated to a self coloured hamster in case you got two white belly genes which would give eyeless babies. Hope that helps and if you get to a show why not put Hammis in the Pattern Class or the pet class and see how she does. She does have a nice band. :lol:

Minicooper
10-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Thank you for that infomation souffle, Do you know what colour hammis is?? Someone told me she was Mink Banded??

souffle
10-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Minicooper on several occasions in other posts we have said that Hammis is clearly a cream banded.

SnuggleHam
10-09-2006, 04:47 AM
How nice of you Souffle! Quite interesting stuff, I'd like to learn more about this kind of thing, but I suppose in time I will! :lol:

babyboos
10-10-2006, 09:00 AM
definitely Red Eyed Cream Banded