PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mache Igloo!

Dixie
11-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Hi Everyone!

I noticed that my hamsters house isn't big enought for him because she keeps knocking the top off. So last night I got busy with the paper mache and created an igloo. At the top there is a spot with only one layer of tp and I'm gonna poke some holes in there when it's dry. I used just plain olod water and toilet paper. I wonder how long it will last!! Pictures coming soon!

Dixie

Hope
11-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Sounds like a good idea - looking forward to seeing your creation :-)

mangoandmimi
11-01-2010, 04:32 AM
Cool idea!! i tried to make a foodbowl once ages ago but it failed as i couldnt even make the paste stuff lol!!
looking forward to pics :D

wofunny
11-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Look forward to seeing it!

Did you use Flour + Water? or non toxic glue? x

mangoandmimi
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
ah so you use FLOUR and water... hee..hehehe no wonder mine failed...

HorseyHolly
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I just used water and toilet paper and it worked fine :)

amyXlovesXhamstersX
11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
How exactly do you make it? it sounds like a really good idea because im always needing to find something for muffins bed! :)

KutButLykee
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I did this today also with some left Over Halloween Balloons! I simply used toilet paper and water stuck the toilet paper onto the balloon with water,(left the part of the ballon where the knot is uncovered for a Door..Big enough for my tubby Ham to get through!:D), Popped the balloon, (when it had dried),Removed the remaining pieces of Balloon and done! You can make the entrance hole as big or as small as you want...He certainly is making like work of it though! hehe:) x

mangoandmimi
11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
So do you get a bowl of boiling water then dip toilet paper in? i thougth it was newspaper lol... i'm so rubbish at diy lol XD

amyXlovesXhamstersX
11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
i thought it was just cold water...
me and my cousin are searching my house at the moment to find a balloon! would it be safe for gerbils too? :)

mangoandmimi
11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
i guess so...
lol am now blowing up a halloween balloon ;)
Grr paper mache has to wait as need to get revising!!!!

Faerydae
11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
that sounds awesome :) and it would be fine for gerbils as it's only paper... but having gerbils in the past I know how they are for chewing so can't see it lasting long! :p