PDA

View Full Version : Hey!!!

Bitethebader
10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone!

I've just joined here, I have 2 beautiful 8 week old roborovski sisters called Pudding and Moose.

They are totally crazy and a lot of fun to watch and very pretty.

Pudding has started getting suspiciously tired and fat...which is slightly confusing. If she is pregnant then Moose must have been sexed wrong, however I'm having trouble getting hold of them to check! Fast little devils. hehe!

So hi to everyone here!

- Lolli xxx

souffle
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have not got a larger family than you bargained for! Where did your hammies come from? It is not unusual for pet shops to sex hammies wrongly. Best to treat Pudding as if she was pregnant anyway and feed her extra protein. Provide her with a safe nesting box and don't handle her too much if she appears heavy. If pups arrive leave her in peace for at least 10days till you are sure everythng is well with the family. You will have to separate them if you don't want loads of babies if moose is a male. Robos are very speedy and not the easiest to home a lot of babies as they are not really suitable for younger children. We are in West Yorkshire too :lol:
Keep us posted on how she goes on.

SnuggleHam
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Yay Welcome! I’m glad you come over from Live Journal after all! The pictures you uploaded to your profile are adorable! I especially liked the first one! Welcome to the community, I’m sure you’ll find everyone here to be friendly and helpful!

suga
10-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Welcome.... these guys on this forum are lovely and really helpful..... hope you enjoy it..

babyboos
10-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum - hopefully not a pregnant Robo - just a fat one on your hands
They are fast but with patience you should eventually be able to handle them even if just to give them a good once over every week to check for injuries, health issues etc.
Gestation of Roborovski is the longest of all hamster species at 21 days but they only really show signs of pregnancy near the end of their confinment period.... so if you are going to get baby peanuts it is going to be very soon.

pophammy
10-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Everyone has given very good advice if your ham has babies so if you follow that you should be fine! :D

Bitethebader
10-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice and lovely welcomes, I'm sure i'll enjoy being part of this site =D

I managed to have a look at the girlie's bits last night once i got them individually in a clear bottomed container! lol They both appeared to be girls...I think...however I could only see puddings nipples quite clearly compared to not seeing any nipples on moose, and moose seemed to have more sticky up bits there but i dunno! its confusing! Perhaps I'll attempt to get a photo so you lot can be the judge if they both hold still long enough!

BTW, because someone asked where I bought them, it was in 'pets at home' in Wakefield, I once bought a pregnant guineapig there without knowing and about 3 'male' guineapigs that turned out female, so I really should know better. However they were so adorable..i couldn't not take them home! lol.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens and keep them together and feed them extra protein just incase, however if she does end up spouting babies...poor Moose is coming outa there, lol.

Nice to meet you all!

- Lolli xx

souffle
10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
I know Wakefield well, Pophammy goes to Wakefield Girls :lol: I am not sure about robos but other dwarf species mate immediatly after giving birth so it may be too late if she does have them to take moose out. Not sure though about robos. How long have you had them? It may not have been moose if it is less than 3 weeks. She could have mated in the pet shop. Noticable nipples are a sign of pregnancy. Females can have phantom pregnancies so I guess you will have to just wait and see :lol:

Bitethebader
10-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Hehe, I live in a town called Ossett near Wakefield so I know it well too. lol.

I will have had the hammies 3 weeks tomorrow I think. And you could be right, perhaps is wasn't Moose that got Pudding pregnant..if she is, since I'm quite sure shes female (although not positive). When I bought them they were the only ones in the cage...but maybe they had more in there before that, goodness knows, and that petshop isnt reliable really.

Thanks for your advice!

babyboos
10-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Hamsters are delivered to Pets at Home in batches of 6 usually as a minimum so your little one almost certainly had a bunch of cagemates quite recently. At 3 weeks it is not long now till you find out if she is pregnant :P