PDA

View Full Version : Bertie's new playpen

bertiemc
10-28-2010, 02:24 PM

1970Well I eventually got round to building Bertie a playpen out of cardboard. I put a small fleece blanket on the ground and all his toys in the middle. Am not sure about the blanket though as it is fleecy and may do him harm if he chews it as he did when I put him in. He seemed to have a good time running through all the tunnels etc but spent most of the time trying to claw his way out. He has been in it twice now so hopefully he will enjoy it more when he gets used to it. Gives us chance to get to know him though as he seems happy for us to stroke him and hand feed him.:p

mangoandmimi
10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Thats soo cool!! unlucky for mine who get a bare plastic box :oops:

bertiemc
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I am sure hamsters are happy with whatever they are given as long as it gives them a bit of freedom. Not too sure he likes his yet but will persevere with it. xx:)

mangoandmimi
10-28-2010, 04:00 PM
i'm sure they'll love it it looks great!!!

Hope
10-29-2010, 01:40 AM
It looks great! Bertie is a handsome little chap too!

wofunny
10-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Nice work! He must love it :D

I had my room hamsterproofed fir a while, but it didn't stick! So I might make a playpen :) x

mrnibblesmommy
10-29-2010, 02:56 AM
i have a huge cardboard box (its really strong though, its a scrapbooking box) i cut the lid off and layer the bottom with shredded napkins...i put in a cardboard box and some tubes to run through and the eight babies i have love it! ...nibbles free time is anywhere on the table, but the babies aren't that tame :D taffy isn't either, so she's kept in the playpen with them lol

fluffymunchkins
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Good job, i love the long red tunnel :)

starrylight99
10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice work! He must love it :D

I had my room hamsterproofed fir a while, but it didn't stick! So I might make a playpen :) x

You should! My boys LOVE their playpen. I made it out of an under-the-bed plastic storage container, I filled it with bedding and toys and hid treats all around it. It's way better than a hamster ball in my opinion.

wofunny
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
You should! My boys LOVE their playpen. I made it out of an under-the-bed plastic storage container, I filled it with bedding and toys and hid treats all around it. It's way better than a hamster ball in my opinion.

As it turns out I am making one :D I am doing same as the Corex one, I ordered 10 sheets today :D really excited!

Humphrey Furball
10-30-2010, 03:11 AM
As it turns out I am making one :D I am doing same as the Corex one, I ordered 10 sheets today :D really excited!

Meeee tooo! I ordered the red, now just need to find some nice clips :D