PDA

View Full Version : Help my hamster sneezes

indie
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello!
I'm a complete newbie in this forum and in hamster care. This webpage has been na excellent guide for every question I had but for one I need your help.
I got Twiggy 3 weeks ago. I think she's a Winter White hamster (The lady I've bought her from just called them "hamsters", so I've done a little research on my own, but I think I'm right.). She's very active and she seems very happy. Sometimes when she sleeps she makes this cutest little squeaks.
What worries me is that today, for the first time, she started making these squeaks with every sniff she made. They don't sound painful, but then again - I'm a complete beginner. Does this mean she has some troubles with breathing? Or is she just talking? Maybe I'm worrying too much about nothing, but still I'd be the happiest hamster owner if someone with experience said so.

Thank you!!!

suga
09-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey indie - welcome as well :-)
Our hamster squeaks a bit, sometimes when she's asleep and when she's by the door waiting to come out. I don't think its a problem.....Ours also sniffs and it's loud enough to hear her doing it... I think it's just her way of working out who has come to see her and whether it means she will get a treat or not :lol: .

Hopefully others will give you some guidance too.

indie
09-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Thank you suga!!!! :D

It's good to know I'm not the only one with a hammie voicing her mind! She stopped, though - at least I haven't heard her squeak after Friday evening.

suga
09-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Indie - it may have been that she was just settling into her new home and getting used to the sounds, smells etc... I'm glad she's okay and not chatting as much...

Have you any pictures of Twiggy?

indie
09-27-2006, 01:09 AM
I do, but I don't know how to include it in my post... Sorry. I won't be near my computer for a couple of days, but when I come back I'll figure it out.