PDA

View Full Version : Hammis needs a new ladder (added pictures)

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Come down this morning to find hammis had broken her ladder, I went into a few pet shops and they dont sell them on their own, you can only get them with cages etc,

I was thinking of getting one like pophammy's little red one, do you know any good pet shops which I could get one from, are nearest pets at home is 15 miles away and does anyone know if they sell them or not???

Nathan

racinghamster
09-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Do you know the `make` of the cage the ladders are for minicooper? Is the cage a barred cage or a tank style? I`m sure if you can find this out and post the details, someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

I can`t get to my Pets At Home either as you need a car to access it. :x However, many accessories can be purchased online or ebay, so it`s not so bad!

Also say whether your ladders are wooden, plastic or made of metal?

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 08:05 AM
It is a plastic ladder and it is a Feber Plast cage.

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
I thought these looked quite good Link Here (http://www.arkpetcentre.co.uk/adjustable-hamster-ladder-p-3271.html?osCsid=84c0ec27c323102568ddd6e0275c268fu rl)
but I don't know if they'd fit your cage, or not.
Andrea

babyboos
09-08-2006, 08:44 AM
If it is a FERPLAST cage you can contact the manufacturer's UK Distributor via their website and order the ladder direct for only a few pennies.

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks andrea,babyboos and racinghamster

andreaS- Thanks for the website, I just found out that that p+p is nearly £4.00 double what the ladder costs! Thanks for the help anyway :D

babyboos- do you know FERPLAST web address, thanks

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks andrea,babyboos and racinghamster

andreaS- Thanks for the website, I just found out that that p+p is nearly £4.00 double what the ladder costs! Thanks for the help anyway :D

Crikey that's ridiculous - well spotted! It always annoys me when places don't have a smaller postal charge for a one item order.
Andrea

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Just found the Ferplat website
http://www.ferplast.com/

there is an email addy on it - the company is Italian but they might well still be able to help :0)

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 09:17 AM
thanks for the help andrea, I looked on the website and they dont seem to sell plastic ladders for hamsters, I dont no what to do as Hammis cant get up and down the ladder,

my dad has tryed to fix it, but it is broken so I dont no what to do?? :? :? :?

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 09:29 AM
I would send them an email and explain what has happened and ask if they can arrange for you to buy one. you never know, they might just send you a freebie!
Andrea

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks andrea, I have just sent them a email, explaining that I need a new ladder, I hope I recieve an email.........................................Fing ers Crossed :?

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Fingers and paws are crossed here for you and Hammis :lol:

racinghamster
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
There are some websites that sell Ferplast accessories. One is http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/

I have no idea if they have the ladder you need minicooper, but they are usually very helpful and can order things in from Ferplast. On the e-mail page, contact Lorraine. I`ve dealt with her on a few occassions and she would definately reply to any request you may have. You can always try?!!

Just to ask, what make of Ferplast cage do you have? There are quite a few? It may be that of you know the name of the Ferplast cage, someone on here may have a spare one you could have?

Poor Hammis. She`s probably wondering why she can`t climb to the level anymore! You could try any ladder made for birds even and ask dad to use plastic cable ties to attach it? You may have to drill a few small holes in the upper shelf to do this though. Just an idea! :)

souffle
09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
We replaced a ladder with a wire bird ladder and it worked fine. Maybe you could rig up something like Candace did with Gwens cage where she fixed a wire ladder on to wood for grip. You could attach it with wire ties. They are very useful. You can use sandwich bag ties or garden coated wire type. Be resourceful so Hammis can still get upstairs even if is a temprary fix till she gets a new ladder :lol:

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 02:52 PM
thanks for the help,

racinghamster- they have a Ferplast Wooden Ladder but i wanted a plastic one and they dont sell that, also it is £5.53 for the ladder and £2.30 for p+p so that is £7.83 for a wooden ladder! Thanks anyway.

souffle- my dad has put some plastic wiring on the ladder but it doesnt seem to hold so hammis still cant get up to the second floor, I need a new ladder so as possible.....

souffle
09-09-2006, 12:08 AM
can you take any pics of the required ladder and the situation it fits in so we can see if we can suggest anything minicooper?

rhona
09-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Pets At Home sells wooden ladders for £1.50 I think in the bird's section

racinghamster
09-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Another alternative minicooper, would be to get one of those bendy log rolls, sometimes called fiddlestix tunnels/bridges? These are wide enough to use as a bridge/ladder and you can bend them to the shape you want. Just bend over the very end log onto your existing shelf (to help it hook on and give it something to attach to) and use the rest to slope down for Hammis to walk up and down? What to you think?

These can be picked up for around £1.99p in many places! :)

Minicooper
09-09-2006, 12:02 PM
There is another pet shop in my area i went to and I asked there if they have any ladders and they didnt. I also dialed up a few other pet shops and they all said no. I still havent had a reply from febplast

racinghamster
09-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Ferplast don`t sell directly to the public, only to suppliers. I would get a bendy log in the meantime until you can scource a new or second hand ladder. If you say what kind of Ferplast cage you have, there may be someone on here who has a spare one? Ferplast make loads of cages!

I`ve sourced quite a few spare ladders and other bits and bobs through forum members on other websites, who were only too happy to let me have them. Look for your cage on a website and find out the actual name of the cage.

Minicooper
09-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the help everyone,

Racinghamster- I had a look on their website and I can't seem to spot out my cage. I looked all around the website at every single brand but I still can't find it.

Also I went to the pet shop were I bought Hammis' cage and they didn't have any ladders.

Minicooper
09-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Recived email from Ferplast customer adviser and she said it is going to be £7.83 for a ladder inc p+p (it's not the right one anyway). It is a wooden ladder and it is meant for ferrets and rats not for hamsters.

£7.83 is a bit expensive, just for a ladder. I could get Hammis a bag full of treats, 4 bags of hamster mix, and bedding for that!

I think it is outrageous, the price they are charging. I get £10.00 for doing a paper round, once a month and that's all my money gone!!!!

Keep you updated on how I am getting on

souffle
09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
We got a bird ladder from a local pet shop for £1.19. It has quite long wire loops which I am sure you could bend into shape. Looks like you will have to be resourceful so Hammis can get up there minicooper. Maybe make one in school or build sort of steps or something? Can you get a piccie and see if anyone has a spare one about?

racinghamster
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
That is a lot of money for what it is, I know. Do you know what I would do minicooper? I would get one of the roll-a-log or fiddlestix bridges in the short term and put away £2/3.00 a week or every two weeks and buy myself a Gabber Rex cage! Now Hammis would love the space AND it`s a cage that will last many hamsters after Hammis has gone. (Sorry Hammis, I was`nt naming you in a past tense! :oops: )

This makes better economic sense and you could use your old cage as a spare? :wink:

suga
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
That's what I would do to.... :)

Minicooper
09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
What is a Gabber Rex cage? ? ?? :?

souffle
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Minicooper the post under this is called Gabbar Rex cage. Why not check it out!

racinghamster
09-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Ferplast also do a plastic tank called a ferplast Duna. Hammis would like this cage aswell as it has another level with plastic ramp! They usually retail at around £24.99p, so not too expensive. Check out the Ferplast cages and you will see it.

The Gabber Rex and Gabber Lux cages are nice too and bigger! Although might possibly be harder to source unless a pet shop can order you one in.

Go to the post I recently asked about Gabber Rex cages under this one as souffle suggested and the `Housing` section in general will have some photos no doubt.

racinghamster
09-13-2006, 10:50 AM
minicooper, is this your cage?

http://www.petcages.co.uk/product.asp?pid=179

It shows a cage by Feberplast NOT Ferplast! which we all thought you meant?

There is also a "if you need further information on this cage to click here" prompt on the same page. It`s called an Astro 2 cage by Feberplast.

babyboos
09-14-2006, 04:44 AM
minicooper ask your parent's permission and then send me your full name and address by email to [email protected] and I will post you a replacement ladder for free next week.

souffle
09-14-2006, 04:55 AM
That is very kind & generous Babyboos. I'm sure Minicooper will be thrilled.

babyboos
09-14-2006, 05:04 AM
I have a lot of bits and peices I get in car boot sales, donated to me, or as part of starter kits which I never use. It may not fit exactly but it will be sufficient to allow Hammis to get full use of her cage again

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Racinghamster- yes that is my cage!!

Thank you babyboos, I will email you with my address and a pic of the broken ladder (as you will see that the ladders hinge is broken so it wont clip onto anything). Hammis and I really appreciate it................actually so do my parents and my sister......I told them and they thank you for being so kind and generous.

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 05:34 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/minicooper106600/DSCF0199.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/minicooper106600/DSCF0201.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/ ... CF0203.jpg (http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/minicooper106600/DSCF0203.jpg)

suga
09-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Babyboos to the rescue :)

SnuggleHam
09-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Wow three pages dedicated to finding a new hamster ladder! I hope things work out with babyboos and you're able to get your hands on one! :lol:

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks SnuggleHam, I never knew so many kind and helpful people!! :D .

Thank you everyone for the help!! :o :o

That includes racinghamster, AndreaS, souffle, rhona, suga, and of course babyboos!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hope it doesnt get lossed in the post!!

racinghamster
09-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi minicooper. Glad I managed to find your cage online! At last, hammis will have her ladder back again, thanks to babyboos! :)

Forums are great places to replace lost or broken items because you will find that we all have the same goal in life and that is, to make hamsters and their owners happy! I`ve exchanged quite a few things with forum members over the years and sold cages to forum members that I knew I would never use again.

With you being under 16, it`s always advisable to seek parental guidance on these matters. Good luck and Hammis will think it`s her birthday when she can climb to her first floor level again!

AndreaS
09-14-2006, 07:47 AM
What a great outcome :) I'm sure Hammis will be happy when she can "go upstairs" once more :D
Andrea

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 10:00 AM
babyboos did you receive my email??

suga
09-14-2006, 10:23 AM
I love this post :D - can anyone advise whether it's the longest yet in hc history?

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Babyboos- I sent you an email and it keeps coming back saying " ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>"

I don't no what I am going to do????

SnuggleHam
09-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Why dont you use the PMing system on the forum? Its safe and private, and works just as good as email with members on the community. :)

babyboos
09-14-2006, 02:48 PM
got your email fine as Snuggleham said feel free to use PM if you ever worry your emails aren't getting through

Minicooper
09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok thanks :D

babyboos
09-14-2006, 02:58 PM
We have a spamblocker on AOL so you were probably getting that message from that

Minicooper
09-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Oh ok,

Thanks again babyboos, me and hammis really appreciate it :D

Minicooper
10-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Dont Worry about sending me a ladder Babyboos as I have just bought one on a website for £4.00 inc p+p.

Thanks for the help and infomation everyone gave me and hammis :D :D Thanks to:

souffle :D
suga :D
SnuggleHam :D
racinghamster :D
babyboos :D
AndreaS :D
rhona :D