PDA

View Full Version : Robo Antics!

SnuggleHam
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Yesterday I was changing around the set up of my bin cages for my gerbils. Mainly my four girls that are living together. I have their bin cage attached to a 10-gallon fish tank and I needed some extra tubes to connect the new set up the way I wanted. So I had to borrow a tube or two from my robo’s cage who is in my bedroom.

My robo pichu has a little lookout that I made for him. He usually loves to sleep up there. So of course there is a small system of tubes that lead from up inside his cage to the outer part where the lookout part rests on top. Since he was sleeping when I needed the extra tubing I had to wake him up and coax him to go into the open part of the tank. I had some difficulty seeing as he refuse to leave the tube I needed and was hunkered down inside. To make a long story short I think he was a bit traumatized lol.

I found last night that he was sleeping in the lower part of the cage (we know hamsters will move nests when they don’t feel safe to them, hehe)

I also noticed that the tube in the bottom of the tank had been filled with sawdust so the opening was blocked. I thought perhaps it happened when I was tinkering with the tubes earlier in the day and hadn’t realized. But this morning I found pichu still in the main tank having moved his home down there, and he was digging backwards, with his but in and his head out of the tube stuffing it full of sawdust! He was digging it towards him then pushing it under his belly and packing it in with his back legs. It occurred to me that he was blocking the entrance to his “up stairs” to keep the danger out! LOL! Poor little guy, and I need to clean his entire cage out today. I don’t know why, it just struck me as really cute and funny. He was making sure the big bad hand didn’t crawl down the tube! lol

pophammy
09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Aww! That is so cute! Silly little ham! :lol:

souffle
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I can just picture that Snuggleham :lol: :lol: Little confused man. Maybe he just wants to keep his house the same as always. :?