PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Friends

SnuggleHam
09-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Look who was visiting the backyard! A young white-tailed deer! this one has its spots but was actually a pretty good size, so it wasnt a new born or anything. Smoo's father hunts deer for the meat in the fall season, so to attract more through the property he planted a field of mixed greens designed for them, so there is basically a huge salad bar of clover and stuff to the left of this picture. It actually attracted allot more wildlife. We have allot more rabbits and the ground hog just loves it out in the salad field hehe.

Ive actually been seeing plenty of deer all summer, but its hard to get good pictures from inside our little apartment above the garage. This deer was close to the house though. It was behind the cover-it my father in law uses to store his fire wood. So cute!

http://www.candacebell.com/images/other/deerfawn.jpg

souffle
09-06-2006, 02:32 PM
What a very beautiful creature Snuggleham. It looks like Bambi. always my Disney favourite. You have a lovely garden. It is wonderful to watch wildlife in the garden and you feel so privileged don't you. For many years we have had foxes in the woods and they always bring their cubs to the garden. We love watching them play. We also have a badger, squirrels, hedgehogs, frogs. toads loads pf birds and 97 bats in the attic at breeding time (we counted them leaving the roof recently)

babyboos
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Amazing I love watching wildlife - must admit not so keen on bats though souffle but that has to do with them usually getting caught in my hair :twisted:

Great pictures Candace hopefully they will give you some inspiration for some painting?

SnuggleHam
09-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Its not really a garden, (unless there is some UK-US language mix up hehe, perhaps you refer to a property as a garden?) Anyway its actually just part of the woods all around the house. We live around swampland. Actually the swamp is visible through the trees to the left of the image, we skate on it in the winter. We have beavers, turtles and frogs of different kinds, a pair of Osprey that come back each year, and a colony of great blue herons, probably about 7-10 nests out there each season. So it all naturally growing stuff! Attracts all sort of wildlife!

Ive seen foxes around here and coyotes, have yet to see a bear or a moose, but once and a while signs will turn up that something large as been through the property over night. My father in-law has also seen bobcats while hunting.

I could certainly get lots of inspiration for artwork around here, but it usually comes down to gryphons, dragons and unicorns for artwork hehe. :)

suga
09-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Wow - what a great outlook you have and gr8 pictures.
Our house looks out at the rear on to fields and we saw a dear a couple of weeks ago whilst walking through the field. Kind of a blink and u missed it encounter.
Bambi looks lovely though...

pophammy
09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Aww! He's gorgeous! You are so lucky to have so much wildlife in your garden, you have everything! The most exotic we get i s the badger that came to eat the meat pies we put out for the foxes! :lol: :oops: :wink: