PDA

View Full Version : i just want my baby back :(

wofunny
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Today has been very hard for me, i am really missing Smudge :(

Yesterday it didnt really sink in my mind, but i keep having flashbacks of when i found him... i just keep quietly weeping :(

just looking at my signature makes me cry.... i wish i could just turn back time :(

Rest in peace my beautiful baby, i will never ever forget you xxxxxxxxxx

annie81
10-08-2010, 06:35 AM
that is totally normal wofunny. cry as much and hard as you have to...take your time with it...try to remember the nice things about smudge and keep these pictures in your mind...

huge big hug from me!!!

Hope
10-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Oh Mark, I understand how you are feeling. I really wish that I could give you a big hug.

Try and remember the good times, and with time you will learn not to cry but to smile, I know that seems a long way off, but it will happen and you will feel better I promise.

As Annie said cry as much as you need, is a very impotsnt part of the healing process, just be kind to yourself and occupy yourself with things that you enjoy and make you happy.

Are you going to give him a little funeral?? This might help you to deal with saying goodbye.

wofunny
10-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Are you going to give him a little funeral?? This might help you to deal with saying goodbye.

No, i dont think i will... i just don't like funerals.

i think i might make him a litte gravestone and put it in the garden x

Hope
10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
That would be a nice idea, so that you have somewhere to go where you can talk to him and remeber him (but he will be listening wherever you are).

I notice that you have change your avatar, I like it, and understand that seeing Smudges picture is hard for you right now.

Ellie
10-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Each day will get easier, I have no words to comfort your pain x

annie81
10-08-2010, 08:25 AM
i really like the gravestone idea...thats nice

RachK
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Aw Mark I feel so terrribly sad for you. Losing a pet is always hard but harder when it is an accident.
You will feel better in time. Cry all you want, it does help. Give Stella & Smokey lots & lots of cuddles & attention it will help with the grieving process.
You are a brilliant owner & even though Smudge left you in a tragic way he had the most wonderful life. Just keep telling yourself that. :)
Take Care
xxxx

wofunny
10-08-2010, 08:53 AM
i am starting to feel a bit better now, i think i will clean the cage today... as i hate looking at it being empty :(

i will have to find a suitable rock for the gravestone.

Thanks for all your kind words and comments, i really makes me feel better knowing that i can talk to fellow hamster lovers who know what its like :) xx

Rach210
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I lost my first hamster to a stroke when I was 14 and cried about her for days. We buried her under the nut-tree in the garden and I framed a photo of her in my room, looking at it always brought back happy memories of her

Faerydae
10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't post in the other thread because I just didn't know what to say :(

so sorry to hear you've lost him under the circumstances that you did :(

wofunny
10-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks xx

after reading Souffle's word about buriing hamsters, i asked my dad if he didnt mind putting the body in the box i had decorated.... he said yes.

here is the inside,
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/Wofunny/Img001_2048x15361.jpg

The outside,
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/Wofunny/Img002_2048x1536.jpg
and this box is going to go in this pot with a plant that i am getting tomorrow,
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/Wofunny/Img003_1536x2048-1.jpg
Hope you like it Smudge Monster xxxxx :heart:

starbug
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Dear Mark, I am so very sorry to hear about Smudge. I do feel for you.

Womblehands
10-08-2010, 11:01 AM
aww hun thats nice, the only bit of advice i can give is that Pickle and Peanut were a godsend and i found them a great relief to me.. I found thinking too much about Poppet just made me upset and brought tears back, its only now i can think of her without sobbing.. people deal with things in their own way..focus on your other babies and you'll be ok i promise.. Smudge had a briliiant life and i'm sure he's greatful for every second of it...take care ok

Humphrey Furball
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Smudge surely will like it, because it was made for him by the person who he loved most in the world. Everything will feel raw and awful for a little while, but it does get easier as time passes, and you never forget, but the memories will be happy. We are here for you to talk to anytime x

fluffymunchkins
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Thats really beautiful Mark, i'm sure smudge appreciates everything :)

suga
10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
All my childhood hamsters were buried in the garden. Its a lovely thing to do. Alternatively you could get a huge plant pot so you could take the plant pot with you if your family ever move or when you eventually move out.

Hope
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Thats lovely Mark, Smudge would be very happy with that indeed.

helenp
10-08-2010, 01:48 PM
That's a lovely idea Mark, big hugs. Take time to grieve and take comfort in your other babies, they will help you with the grieving process.

princess-rhi89
10-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Just a little something to help with your grief, Smudge will never forget you, you made each day more wonderful than any hamster could ever wish for. You are a wondeful daddy.

Daddy, I want you to know,my journey to the bridge was fine.... Daddy I want you to know, it was time....time for me to go, but I am not far away, look for a sign,I'll send to you, a rainbow, a dream, a song or two.

Daddy I will never ever forget you, our love is too strong to ever die, Daddy,please don't cry, for I will always be near, listen for me, in the rush of the wind,a splash in the sea, Daddy, forever "we" will always be..

Time cannot erase the bond we shared, the love you gave ,the way you cared...for me on earth...Daddy, I can never forget you, Oh what a joyous reunion it will be,a time of delight, when we meet again,,

Daddy, I want you to know,my journey to the bridge was fine.... Daddy I want you to know, it was time....time for me to go, but I am not far away, look for a sign,I'll send to you, a rainbow, a dream, a song or two. Daddy, always remember, I love you...

Smudge will Love you with everything he has forever and always xxxx

Katty_Sheldon
10-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Uh all of this made me cry also. It has been half a year but i still miss my first hamster, Sheldon. RIP Smudge, hold on Mark!

wofunny
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Well , i cleaned out his cage today, i couldn't face looking at it being empty again.

i hope to get the flower tomorrow, as today i went on a walk with some family friends.

Smysha
10-09-2010, 11:12 AM
It's a lovely idea and I hope it brings you closure.

xxx

Hope
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
How are you feeling today Mark? Alittle better I hope, a walk always helps me get things 'sorted' in my head, and blows the cobwebs out. The flower is a lovely idea x x

wofunny
10-09-2010, 11:31 AM
i am feeling a lot better, thanks.

i am trying to think about all the good times, and that he must be having loads of fun at the bridge... doing his favourite thing, exploring! :) xx

shadykkay
10-10-2010, 04:01 AM
maybe you could make a flower pot and paint a picture and name as a special thank for all the love that been shared :)

blackrose87
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
im so sorry for your loss wofunny i have a gravestone in my garden for my dog that died a few years ago now.

chubchub
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
i'm sorry to hear about smudge, wofunny :( i remember cute pictures of him going on an adventure, on your toy trucks and lil airplane. i know he's had a wonderful life with you and he will be missed.

Fallinghamster
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Aww.. I know how you feel, I felt terrible when my first hamster passed away. Just remember everything that was great about Smudge. :) Hope you feel better.