PDA

View Full Version : broken hearts

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
:cry:there are broken hearts in our home today as we have just lost Poppet.. it was a shock as she showed no signs of any illness, i noticed she was in her tube like she had fallen over so i scooped her up and me and my boyfriend held her until she took her last breath.. she looked so healthy with bright eyes till the end.. we have buried her with her big sisters Bo and Jangles.. I'm devastated and have not stopped crying since.. sorry to give you this sad news..I only hope she didnt pass away in pain..
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/Poppet_7.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/Poppet-1.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/2.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/50.jpg

Amethyst_ice
09-27-2010, 08:37 AM
aww im so sorry hun, she was truely beautiful <3 hope she plays well at the bridge, love with you xxxx

wofunny
09-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh my :(

I am so sorry for your unexpected loss, i know how much she meant to you xxx

Rest in peace little Poppet :(

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Wofunny could i ask if you could create a R.I.P for Poppet on my signature.I don't mind when if thats ok..I can't seem to calm down as she was fine yesterday. :( thanks for your kind words.. i dreaded this day.

wofunny
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
No problem xx

I have added it to the Signature Shop x

chavers
09-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Very sorry to hear your sad news, what a shock. Sending best wishes xxx

shazzy
09-27-2010, 08:50 AM
oh I am so, so sorry to hear that - at least you know she didnt suffer long, if at all, as she was fine up until the last moment..although sometimes the shock of that fact makes it even harder.

Sleep well little one, go join all the other hammies having fun at the bridge - my Mo is an outgoing girl so she'll introduce you :)

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
the only thing i can think of is that it was her heart that simply stopped, she was 20 mnths old but she was eating and drinking fine.. weird thing was just after i scopped her up she was trying to run in the wheel which she hasnt touched for mnths... my head hurts from sobbing...Thanks guys, i hope Poppet and Mo are sharing some lunch right now..

internet_nobody
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Aw, sorry womblehands. It's awful when they go with no warning, but at least you know they don't suffer. RIP Poppet.

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
can other hamsters notice the loss? Peanut has been out since she passed away, he was sniffing a lot and squeeking.. I've moved Pickles cage near his for company..peanut never comes out during the day..

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
we've put her igloo and her favourite toy.. the white house.( a raisin tub ) in our spare room with her picture above and a cross and a plant...also we made a large framed photo as a memory..
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/Photo_0135.jpg

Adam
09-27-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, R.I.P Poppet.

thorneloe0810
09-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your beautifull Poppet has passed, Know that you loved her and gave her every wish she could ever have wanted, Night Night sweetie pie, Play well and look after my Fred and Tilly and Jesse's Spirit and Angle. Sweet Dreams little one.

All our love

mangoandmimi
09-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Aww i'm so sorry it must be so hard xxx
and the photo idea is really good btw it really ehlps with the loss x
Best wishes to you nd her :)

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 09:40 AM
my eyes hurt so much from sobbing..I don't think i'll have any more after Peanut and Pickle as this is just too hard and i've missed work too..sigh

thorneloe0810
09-27-2010, 09:46 AM
my eyes hurt so much from sobbing..I don't think i'll have any more after Peanut and Pickle as this is just too hard and i've missed work too..sigh

It will take time my sweetie pie I know its hard but your love for Poppet will never be forgotten, my animals that have past have been hard to deal with but you just say to yourself, she was best off with me and I had given her all my love

Humphrey Furball
09-27-2010, 09:48 AM
What a shock for you, I'm so sorry to hear about little Poppet. She was a beautiful hammie, a face full of personality! It must have just been her time, but I'm sure she knew how much you loved her, holding her to the end, it's the best way she could have wished for. Play well at the bridge little one x

MandyP
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear your sad news :( Sending you lots of hugs

annie81
09-27-2010, 10:13 AM
i am sorry for your loss...sleep tight poppet xx

Womblehands
09-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I just don't know what to do with myself.. i need to stop getting upset as i'm making myself ill..tonight is going to be so difficult cos my boys don't like cuddles like poppet did..

LocoRocoPanda
09-27-2010, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear about Poppet. But she didn't suffer and you were with her when she passed away and that must have been a big comfort for her. It's very hard and I hope you start to heal soon.

suga
09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Glad you were able to be with Poppet when she fell asleep. She would have known of your presence and would have felt safe and comfortable in your hands. Sleep well Poppet and remember to look in on your family as they are missing you so much.

fluffymunchkins
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, this really is a shock!
She couldn't have had better hammy parents and i'm sure shes smiling over you at the bridge now xxxx

souffle
09-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. She was such a treasure and so beautiful but I think sometimes that it is the best way to go you know - just to suddenly step on to the bridge and fly. I'm sure she is happy there now and grateful for the love she shared with you.
I do think they know and sense when one has passed on. When Napoleon died we were so worried about Alliana his mate. They always lived side by side and they would stand and look at each other and when he went she would stand on her shelf and look for him. Eventually I moved one of her sons next to her and she settled again.
Play well at the bridge Poppet xx

RachK
09-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh no so sad. :( I'm so so sorry to hear this news. (((Hugs)) Poppet was so beautiful.

RachK
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I just don't know what to do with myself.. i need to stop getting upset as i'm making myself ill..tonight is going to be so difficult cos my boys don't like cuddles like poppet did..

I feel your pain I really do, I've been there. But trust me, in time you will feel better & treasure every single day you had with her & all the happy memories. There will still be tears from time to time but you will smile through them. :)
I love the photo its a great idea.

Nelly
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear about little Poppet and the photo and memorial to her is lovely. I think she should win the "Hamster of the Month" I entered my hamster Marley but he says he doesn't mind if we choose Poppet as it would be a tribute to her I am sure all the other entries wouldn't mind either would you? :D

Hope
09-28-2010, 12:29 AM
I am very sorry to hear about Poppet, what a terrible shock for you both. She was always such a little character and I loved hearing your stories about her. You were the best mummy and daddy that a little ham could have wanted and I am sure that she was comforted to know that you were there for the last moments. She will be running free and playing at the bridge now with all the other hammies.

I know that it feels terrible right now, but allow your self to grive, give your self time and I promise that soon you will be able to look back with happy memories, you may shed a few tears, but you will feel better, be kind to yourself.

RIP Poppet, sleep well x x

Womblehands
09-28-2010, 03:01 AM
I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone here, my eyes look awful this morning.. yikes! this is the only place i can come to that is keeping me sane. thanks for all the kind words.. i feel like part of me is missing but i'm sure with time i'll be ok.. got my peanut and pickle to look out for..

Faerydae
09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
aw sorry to hear this :( at least she went to the bridge happy *hugs*

debs
09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Am sorry for you lost :( it will get easy in time : ]

helenp
10-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Am so sorry, RIP beautiful girl.

shadykkay
10-01-2010, 05:10 AM
rip poppet have fun at the bridge till your mummy and daddy join you once again

princess-rhi89
10-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Aww Im so sorry to hear of poppets departure, I send you my best wishes and hope the pain fades and the happy memories of poppets wonderful life shine through.
Stay strong, she will be safe and happy at the bridge.
RIP Little Poppet xxxx

Ellie
10-02-2010, 07:30 AM
So so sorry for your loss, I'm sure she was very happy with you, and hope she has lots of treats up at the bridge. It is so sad isn't it!! Thinking of you