PDA

View Full Version : Sad Death

racinghamster
08-22-2006, 08:55 AM
I only had Iris, an elderly winter white female since last Thursday evening. She came to stay with me for the rest of her days, along with my two male roborovski hamsters, from babyboos hamster rescue.

I awoke this morning to discover her food dish had not been touched and upon further investigation, found her dead inside her sleeping chamber. :(

She was a frail wee thing and such a docile little lady. I did`nt have her long, but her death has saddened me a lot. She has been buried beside one of my dear gerbils who passed away earlier this year.

Run free Iris. You were a beautiful wee lady. xxx

SnuggleHam
08-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Aww sorry to hear about the little ham :( I guess its hard to know sometimes with old hamster, just exactly when their time has come. She must have passed peacefully in her sleep. I suppose that better then her dieing from an illness. It seems a common thing for an old ham to get sick first then pass away.

racinghamster
08-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks SnuggleHam. I think when you take on an elderly animal, there is no telling how long they will live. Or even if the move has been too stressful for them.

pophammy
08-23-2006, 08:23 AM
So sorry about poor Iris. R.I.P little one :cry:

souffle
08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
So sorry to hear about Iris. She lived her last few days wanted and loved. I am sure she appreciated it and went to the bridge happy. RIP Iris