View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 04:57 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

Cloudy - yes theirs seems almost identical in size and design apart from being slot together and having the ramps inside. At the time I wanted a house quickly and delivery was going to be slow. But in the end the Rodipet one didn't get here in time anyway!

Actually it's not as bad as I thought. I can see what they've done. They've changed the design of the house slightly. The two small compartments at the back are now slightly bigger (which is good because they were too small). Meaning the two compartments at the front are not quite as big as before but still a good size for a nest.

And the partition between them has changed. Instead of being glued between the sides it is "slotted" partway down the sides (still glued in place though). So the "gaps" are below the slotted in part. Probably easier if I put a photo up to show what I mean! The gaps are very small so not really an issue.

So it's a design change rather than quality control. Although one of the roof nubs fell off! And needs glueing back on. Otherwise quality is not much different to before - the odd slightly rough bit I sanded but then I'm fussy. It was only one or two bits at the edges and inside one hole. Don't remember needing to do that before but hard to remember. Plastikote usually solves anything like that anyway.

So this is the partition between the front and back compartments

Attachment 53342

It used to be fixed inside the two side pieces, but now, "slots" into the side piece partway down

Attachment 53343

As the slotted bit only goes part way down, the bit underneath, inside is not glued/attached so a very slight gap - but not enough to worry about.

Attachment 53346

Attachment 53344

Where it slots down the side there's a tiny hole underneath too which I'm not that keen on but won't do any harm.

Attachment 53347

What is slightly frustrating is - if they were going to change the design like that, it would have been better if those partitions were removable! Instead of well and truly glued in place. They look like they should slide out but don't.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote