View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 01:13 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default My hamster was screaming in the morning

Hello,
In the morning, around 5am my hamster was absolutely screaming and it was very loud. He has never screamed like that. I ran to check out what's going on and he was in his nest, so I said his name several times and removed the toilet papers in his bedding to which he woke up. Then I petted him and gave him a mealworm and a cookie. He ate and I went back to sleep.

He's now in deep sleep. He didn't wake up when I opened his cage, but he was moving a bit and I can see him breathing, so he's asleep. I am not going to wake him up.
I am sad I didn't record this, because he has never screaming like that before nor I couldn't find such scream when I Googled it.

When I woke him up when he was screaming / screeching he looked sleepy and had his 'sleepy eyes' on.

I haven't made any recent changes nor I have cleaned the cage and I couldn't see any bugs (He used to have bugs before). Other than that everything has been going very well. I take him out from his cage and we usually play whenever I can and everything has been just perfect.

I feed him hamster food and salad and cucumbers and I give one or two mealworms daily and sweets every 3-5 days.

Is it possible that he just had a nightmare or I should take him to vet again? Or should I wait and see if he does it more often?

When things like this happen (and he has been through a lot) I feel like I'm a bad owner.

I don't think my hamster has diabetes. At least from those symptoms:
So you think your hamster is diabetic

The sad thing is I actually don't know how much he drinks either, because he puts paper in water. I don't know why he does that. Once I changed his water and five minutes later the water dish was full of paper bedding. I have seen him drinking, so I know that he's drinking.

I don't know how much he actually eats either, because I've given him unique food. that he doesn't have and he chews it and looks like he's eating it but later I find the food borrowed somewhere else.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote