Thread: My angels
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 12:40 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: My angels

I am so sorry for your loss. I felt like that after our first hamster passed - he was my baby. I don’t know if you know the rainbow bridge story but it’s on here and I’ve linked it below.

I’m glad you’ve joined us and many of us have been through this and can understand how it feels.

It is incredibly sad that they died of illnesses, but it’s not your fault. They knew you loved them and were trying to help them and sadly these illnesses can take hold. Did you ever find out what the illness was? (Assuming they both contracted it together?).

It’s a normal part of grief to go through a phase where you feel guilt or that you could have done more, but sometimes these things are out of our hands.

They stay with us in our hearts and I totally agree that what helps you move on is having another hamster friend to care for and share joy with. They need good loving owners.

I was also a bit concerned about your wording about being with them soon. If you are really struggling or feel depressed then please talk to someone. I used the Blue Cross pet bereavement service when our first hamster died (the circumstances were not ideal). And that really helped. You can either talk to them on the phone or use their email service.

Although I notice you’re in Brazil so email probably best! I knew some people from Brazil once and trying to remember some of my Brazilian Portuguese ….Right now all I can think of is - Todo bem? And Corazon x

The Rainbow Bridge
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote