View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:01 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Getting empty tank syndrome lol.

Does sound exciting! I think Cypher had that ceramic house . It is quite heavy so it either needs to be on the bottom of the tank (with some substrate inside). Or supported underneath. Otherwise they will burrow under it and can get squashed! If it sinks. But I’m sure you know that already.

Yes I have used that food. I actually used to mix it 50/50 with the Bunny Dream dwarf hamster food (which has mealworms in). Both are a little bit low on protein so you’ll need to supplement the protein a bit. I just used to give a quarter of a shelled walnut once a week and a tiny bit of cheese once a week. And sometimes used freeze dried chicken cubes for cats (but they don’t keep very long and smell awful when they start to go off!). That’s just fir the first year. After the first year the protein in the food is about right.

The top of the house makes a good food bowl too . Although needs a ramp up to it maybe - unless the house is sunken in the substrate (ie on the bottom of the tank).

Looking forward to seeing your set up and new dwarf hamster! You’re not replacing Bonnie - your new hammy will have their own personality- it’ll feel different x

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-01-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote