View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 03:14 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: New hamster very scatty

Thank you for you reply,

I moved her out of the cage she came in only because it was so small, and since she’s been in the new one the only things I’ve changed are just adding little ladders in places I think will help her. So hopefully the wheel won’t freak her out, I didn’t really think it could be a bad thing but I guess you’re right. Because how she bends her back in the current one though it’s a change I need her to have for her safety, so hopefully she’ll be thankful and not more stressed!

So far, she runs up to the door and wants to come out whenever she hears me come in, I open the door she climbs over by herself and I just use a tub to transport her. She’s particularly scatty of us touching her so I am avoiding that for now just so she gets used to be near us first, like you say.

Yesterday though, I thought maybe I’m allowing her out too much perhaps? I had her out running freely for an hour, and she definitely calms down when she gets free roam. But if I’m in the room watching her and accidentally move it definitely panics her. Like you say, maybe this is too much too soon and I want her to be comfortable in her cage for now, so at least she knows she has got a safe spot.

It didn’t help after I put her back and walked away, I heard my partner yell ‘Mitzi!’ And heard the cage door go 😂🙄

I do hope she does calm down, because how she is now she’s very difficult to watch, she runs so quickly and then you hear chewing, and I don’t want her to hurt herself.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote