Thread: Rescue hamster
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 08:13 AM  
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Rescue hamster

Oh what a nightmare! I am sorry to you and the little hammie.

I’ll be honest I don’t know much about the head tilt, and maybe the biting is stress?

Mine used to sometimes make a bed in the corner and what helped her was I had two homes. One I made, but was a box home with a half roof on top and a ‘window’. And she loved this home I think because when they’re nervous, they may struggle to sleep and keep getting out of bed to check their surroundings so if they are stressed might be fed up of coming and decided to sleep somewhere with full visibility. So maybe adding a more open home would help?

I also had ‘green dome home safety home’ which was upstairs and completely cocooned her with full privacy. She went here if we were being too noisy. She seemed to stop sleeping outside the home once I had both options.

Also, for now, maybe just keep him away from your other hamsters if possible because he may still be getting adjusted and as some can be territorial it may be making him stressed also.

The best thing I know to do is leave them for a few days and only enter their home to hand feed them so they get adjusted to you.

Like I say I haven’t had much experience with this myself, so I can’t offer much. I’m just sorry this has happened to the both you, and hope things get sorted. You’re doing a good thing and I really hope it all works out.
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote