View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 01:31 PM  
harmless
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Bean--Part 2

Several days later, there's been one day when I didn't see him at all, and a few days of 5 or 10 minutes of contact, getting seeds from my hand and just being around each other while he played or ate.

Last time he was in my hand I got a good idea of his size, since the sections of my middle finger are very close to an inch in length apiece. Bean looks to be 2.5 inches long. I looked it up and that's large for a Robo, since they're said to be up to 2 inches long (how do they measure them anyway, drug them?) He's definitely more than that. However, I've also noticed in pictures that Robos have the same kind of boxy muzzle that Bean has. So I'm back to thinking that he's just one of the larger Robos.

The only other thing to say is that I've been thinking about where I want our interactions to go from here. If I could choose, I'd like to be able to hold him, and even pet him, but I'm not sure that wouldn't be unkind if he's very scared, and unwise due to the risk of falls. At the least I'd like to put him in the bathtub and let him zip around over a longer distance than is available in the aquarium, and investigate some boxes and tubes I'd put in. Maybe if I did that a few times, then got in the tub with him and let him get more familiar with me, I'd have a better idea about what else could be done.
harmless is offline   Reply With Quote