View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 10:19 AM  
charlottibiscotti
Newborn Pup

Default Re: dwarf with protruding eye + cancer?

Update! The vet let me hold him whilst she looked at his eye, i also showed her pictures.

She said it was most likely to be an infection, and if it isn't an infection, he'd have to be sent off for testing, which is obviously a big no-no given my hamsters age & temperament & the fact that the problem would likely be untreatable anyways.

as for ginger's belly, she thinks from my description that it could just be that he has blocked scent glands, which never crossed my mind!! silly me!! she said the meds may help unblock them, plus i can clean them up manually.

he's been put on antibiotics & anti inflammatory baytril and loxicom so hopefully that should help him! although, i was an idiot and unpackaged the baytril syringe, thinking he only had loxicom. i went to use the syringe to extract loxicom and in doing so accidentally squirted out HALF of the baytril medication. aaarghh! silly me! big facepalm. Now he only has 5 days worth of baytril. Hopefully it won’t cause too much of a problem. I can always ask for more I guess.

Last edited by charlottibiscotti; 09-01-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Mistake with dosage information
charlottibiscotti is offline   Reply With Quote