View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 03:59 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pipsqueaks new cage!

I think she is lucky to have a new cage. And yes she may be a bit stressed but I wonder if more overhead cover would help so she doesn't feel exposed. They usually look for a nice dark cosy corner to nest in when in a new cage and then hide away a bit, so if she's bar biting she maybe doesn't feel very secure. Either under a shelf or in a good sized house.

I would add a shoe box house at floor level and she'll probably move into it.

You could have one of the shelves in it. The solid one that comes with the cage isn't too bad if you take the pod house off it - or they try and nest in that and it's too small! They do like a shelf to sit under and climb onto.

My only concern was the vertical tube up to the penthouse as hamsters aren't always great with vertical tubes. Easy access to things helps them settle as well.

Personally I would remove the penthouse and tube, add the solid shelf and a shoe box house (or a good sized house big enough to build a large nest in. And make sure there is plenty of nesting material - torn up strips of toilet paper. She might settle a bit easier then and feel more secure. the sputniks that come with the cage are popular with them too - if its hung over a shelf (otherwise its too high to get to).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote