View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 02:31 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Introducing my two new hams....

I bought a £6 kiddies pop up ball pit at Sainsbury's and use it as a hamster playground for the foster Robos with a blanket, a wheel and a few toys in it.

I also have to take a few things out of Monty's cage to get to him and use a small hamster ball with some sunflower seeds in it to transport him to the play area. Some foster Robos i have been able to scoop up in my hands after removing a few items to get to them. The more often you handle a Robo the more they become used to it. I'd aim for a couple of times a week. One foster Robo actually sat on my hand which really surprised me and our Robo, Monty is out and about more in his cage since i started to take him out now and again. He's now let loose in the hall hamster playground where he can have a good run around. The other night he jumped out of my hand when i was still in the hamster room and legged it. I silently prepared myself for a very long night but he run around the room and out the door to the wheels in the hall where i was able to catch him. Sometimes he walks into the ball to eat the seeds and i can carry him back to his cage in it.

I clean the toys now and again but not inbetween hamsters because i would be cleaning all night with so many hamsters. They do sniff a lot and spend absolute ages just sniffing their way around all the toys.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote