View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 06:20 AM  
OliverS
Newborn Pup

Default Savic Hamster Plaza Review

Hi all,

Thought I’d drop a review of the Savic Hamster Plaza which I moved my Russian dwarf baby to from a PicoXL a few weeks ago.

Some positives:
- The floor space is very big and provides a lot of room for toys
- It fits nicely on the IKEA desk I have (100x60cm Linton desk)
- The ramp up to the shelf can be made less step by putting more substrate in or the shelf lower. Plus you can put the ramp where you want it
- The door is big to allow for good access
- The little shelter provided is good and can be opened well for cleaning
- The tray is nice and deep to allow for a good amount of substrate
- The bar spacing seemed quite good for my Russian dwarf (can’t comment on robos though)

Some negatives:
- It’s very difficult to set up if you’re doing it alone
- It’s difficult to move when set up if you need to, especially if your hamster is in it. The walls can come apart when lifting
- My baby was used to a few shelves so it was a bit difficult for her to adapt to the new one
- I’m not a fan of the shelf being rounded and no protection from falling, I had to move some things from below it in case she fell

I can’t really comment on the wheel as my hamster didn’t like wheels but it seemed a bit tough when I moved it with my hand
The bottle holder provided didn’t seem to work but I think I put it in wrongly

Overall, I’d recommend the Savic Hamster Plaza, just make sure you set it up where you plan to keep it, you have someone with you and set it up where you have space. Also, I wouldn’t put anything under the shelf, if your hamster goes to the edge, they can slip.

(Shadow wouldn’t recommend it though, it smelt too clean and new, and it wasn’t her old home.)