View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 10:49 AM  
rachm408
Newborn Pup

Default 2 week old hamster pup care questions

Hi there! We discovered our new hamster was pregnant when we bought her. She has since given birth to 8 pups that are now 17 days old. One is clearly the runt and I am trying to care for it. All the other babies are doing well. It doesn’t look like any of their eyes have opened yet( is this normal?) The last couple times I went in there the other babies were nursing and the runt was just laying on top or beside the others. It does seem a little week. I’ve successfully given a few feeding of kittens milk but can’t get it to eat any of the fresh food I’ve brought to it. The other babies go crazy for broccoli and cucumber when I bring it. My question is, how often should I be offering milk if I don’t see that it’s eating solids at this age. Also, is there anyone with a similar experience who can say how their runt did. I’m already getting attached and would hate to see it pass. I don’t think mom has rejected it bc it’s always in the nest when I go in there but I think it’s too weak to get past it’s siblings to nurse.
rachm408 is offline   Reply With Quote