View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 12:21 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: My new little girl is making me nervous...

Congratulations to your new hamster.

Your hamster behaves perfectly normal for a hamster who has just arrived and some may always behave a little bit like that.

Hamsters, like humans, have different personalities so it's no good comparing one to another or to expect the same character traits just because they belong to the same species.

You need to give your girl a couple of weeks at least to settle in first. She's arrived in new surroundings and hasn't even had a chance to get used to it yet. I'd leave her alone and just talk to her quietly for now.

Robos can be naturally shy and timid. My first Robo took three months to pluck up the courage to climb onto my hand to get a few seeds and that was as far as we got which was fine by me. It wasn't about me and what i wanted. It never is. It is about what the hamster feels comfortable with.

Some are more confident than others.

It would be very dangerous for a hamster to introduce another hamster. Hamsters don't need friends. They are solitary and territorial animals who do better on their own.

She probably comes out at night when you are asleep to use her wheel. You could put some substrate on top of the wheel and see if its gone in the morning.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote