View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:29 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Went in for locusts... Meet Bonnie!

Eeks! I haven't posted on here for ages - many apologies but blame lockdown lol.

Bonnie is now just over 2 years old and when she's not asleep, she is surprisingly very active - although I've had to adapt her tank a little to suit her needs.

She was struggling to drink out of her water bottle. The first one she was finding difficult to get any water out, but thankfully I put a bowl in there as a second option whilst I got a new bottle. Unfortunately, after one night, it leaked all into where her bedding was. Cue major clean out and then made a decision to just stick to a bowl as Bonnie seems to like this option better than a bottle (possibly because it's easier on her neck).

So far, Bonnie is still managing solid food fairly well - seems to prefer the smaller seeds to the larger ones (so started breaking these down a bit).

She still enjoys running on her wheel and digging a tunnel system around her home. She sometimes struggles to get up on her platform, so I've made her a little ramp to make it easier (mind you - she'd rather chew it and try to go up on her normal way lol). She is certainly slowing down though and is sleeping a lot more, but at points during the day, I often hear her nibbling on something under her wooden tunnel.

Although she does come up to the door for her treats and a little bit of stroking, she's never shown much interest in coming out of her tank and starts to stress out a little when she does have to come out (normally when I do a cage clean), so apart from that, I give her attention inside her tank and she enjoys that.

That's about it really. I've unfortunately now got to let you know about Cocoa.

Take care.

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote