View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: Mistress Poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
This is a difficult call.
The tumor is likely to put pressure on her internal organs but its impossible to say how much and where without an ultra sound scan which costs about £130 and doesn't really change anything.

I was in a similar situation with Henry and knew something had gone wrong inside, a scan could have given a diagnosis but because of his age it wouldn't have achieved anything.
His vet and i agreed to put him on metacam for the rest of his life to keep him comfortable in case he has pain or discomfort and then let nature take its course.

If i would have thought that he was suffering then i would have had him put to sleep.

Do you think that Poppy is suffering?
Ria,

I don't think Poppy is suffering per say, she doesn't seem to be in pain when I pick her up, she isn't distressed from the experience either.

I will have to keep an even closer eye on her now.

I would prefer for her to go peacefully in her sleep in her nest but if it has to be with the assistance of a vet then so be it.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote