View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 09:21 AM  
gettons_1980
Newborn Pup

Default Hamster scratching woodden tray and inside coconut house

Hello there,

I have 1 year old white russian hamster female (that up until June used to live with another female of the same age since they were very little, until I had to separate them all of a sudden as one was clearly dominant over the other) that is all good and healthy.

Over the past month or so I noticed she would scratch when in the coconut house, so I thought there was something in there. I have also cleaned the coconut house inside thinking there might be some smell that would make her nervous. However she does that from time to time, and I have not found an explanation yet.

What really concerns me though is that today she started scratching the woodden layer (she has a cage like this https://uploads.zoobio.de/resize/pro...1070x1000.jpeg) out of the blue. I tried to calm her down with some fruit, she stopped for a little, and then started again. I notice she also would go on the wheel fairly vigorously too. It's 4:20pm now and she normally does not that at this time.

Do you have any idea what's going on? Other than that she is fine, but I am just a little concerned. Now she seems to have stopped scratching.
gettons_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote