View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:13 PM  
Kshez127
Newborn Pup

Default New hamster help

Hello everyone! I’m new to this so here’s a small introduction, I have a 7 week old female Syrian golden hamster. I have had her around 3 weeks. She was brought from a breeder and brought ‘tame’ even though she is very very shy atm but that is understandable. She was originally in I would say a medium cage and as I have seen so much online she needed a lot bigger so I have just recently brought her a huge cage which i have added a photo of. As you can see the cage is huge and actually slightly above the minimum in the UK. Since she has been in this cage she is still biting the bars she has plenty in her cage a large wheel and lots of hideouts but just bites the bars of one side of the cage. I’m going to add another platform to her cage on the other side as she keeps climbing all the way to the top and then falls quite a distance. I also scatter feed her I’m just getting really frustrated because I’ve spent so much money I can’t afford a tank cage I just want her to be happy I have brought another wheel which stands up instead of being attached to the cage so I’m going to try free roaming her obvs in a safe room and start bonding with her more. I’m just lost of what else to do.
Kshez127 is offline   Reply With Quote