View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 04:36 AM  
Lizchewy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I'm really stuck on what to do for Chewy

Update on Chewy......well due to my sons puffy eyes we have stayed in today whereas normally we are out at this time. And what do we find ....Chewy is awake and burrowing in his cage at 10am. When I said hello to him he started bar chewing. Anyway, I got him out of the cage and put him in his playpen. He ran around for 45 minutes, in and out of tubes, egg box swing, climbing , playing with toys, eating his treat roll. The kids were delighted. It was bright sunshine in the room and Chewy came to life!! The kids were delighted. Chewy looked so content I just reached in and stroked him with my whole hand, like you would a cat. Not even a flinch, he actually seemed to like it. My daughter who is 3 was rearranging things all around him and he was just running up to her sniffing and then grooming in the open. He all of a sudden seems tame! Anyway, after 45 minutes he went into a cracker box and curled up so I just picked up the cracker box and out him back in his cage. Stroked him again once in there and he went to bed. We have always let him have completely natural lighting during the day and dark at night but I have noticed whenever I open the curtains in the morning and the daylight comes in he gets up. So, could he be a daytime hamster? He acts so nervous in the playpen in the dim light but he was amazing in full light today. We could also see him clearly for the first time really and his coat is an absolutely beautiful ginger colour , not sandy like we thought. Very excited kids here today! And grown up!
Lizchewy is offline   Reply With Quote