View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 03:13 PM  
Lizchewy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I'm really stuck on what to do for Chewy

Hi! I'm not sure what set off the bar chewing that morning. He had refused to come out the night before so I thought maybe he wanted to come out then so I did try ( even though I was trying to get kids ready for school) but he still wouldn't actually come out. His water bottle had been a bit low in its position as the holder snapped but I still saw him drinking from it. Anyway that is back in normal position now. An igloo (not his old house another one) was outside the cage on the floor by the area he was chewing but I thought they had terrible eyesight or can they see the immediate area surrounding their cage? Anyway I've moved that now as well in case he has igloo obsession. He is still on his wheel now which is good. What is not good though is since I changed his bedding to Aspen my son now has huge puffy eyes so I think my son may be allergic to it! So if he is I will have to change the bedding again. Is Fitch a good idea? Chewy does put substrate in his cheeks to carry to his house as well as the toilet paper. I've been trying to get him out at 7 when he gets up naturally. He is much more sleepy in the playpen than he used to be but I guess once tamed I could cuddle him when he is sleepy. I've been following a taming programme where once he climbs on to my hand I can pick him up but 8 weeks later he still wont climb on to my hand. My friend says just pick him up for a few seconds at a time as that is what she always does to start and her hamsters are so happy and calm and very tame. So I may try that as I think he still thinks I'm a bird.
Lizchewy is offline   Reply With Quote