Thread: Roborovskis
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 04:11 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Roborovskis

I am new to the Robo world, only had Srians previously.

I recently started this thread about food for Robos.

Food for Robos

Although it appears that a lot of people will give Harry Hamster to their Robos, it's probably not the best type of food for them.

I am currently feeding my foster Robo the bunny dreams dwarf food mix from Zooplus, other than that there is Rodipet that has specific food for Robos or Getzoo. I appreciate it may seem expensive for 1 bag of food, but it will last several months.

I think which ever one you get, you need to supplement with things like mealworms.

As for the onslaught, I hope no one does that. You are just asking a question and learning.
I think with something like a cage split, I personally wouldn't risk it, i would be too worried that what ever was used as a divider got breached and the hamsters ended up together.

I don't know the measurements of a detolf so not sure how big each side would be if you split it in two. I just did a quick google and depending on internal or external measurement the detolf seems to be 744-896 sq inches, (someone else may have more accurate measurement.

So if those figures are true, splitting the detolf into two is only going to give you two very small. enclosures. (I always thought the detolf was bigger than this) So, personally I wouldn't do it.