View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 04:40 AM  
Space Hamster
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Any suggestions to improve cage for my new friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
(shortened)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
(shortened)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethandLil View Post
(shortened)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
(shortened)
Thank you so much for your responses, everyone! I'm really grateful for your suggestions <3 You've given me some really helpful tips, pointers and advice that I've taken on board and I'm looking forward to gradually implementing them into my little guy's home in the non-too distant future. I visited the Rodipet website this morning and ordered him a lovely labyrinth house, among a few other bits and pieces. I'm so excited on his behalf, I think he's going to love it!

I've been lucky enough to see him a couple of times in recent days; I saw him out and about early the other morning and we had a funny encounter last night. I had stayed up late (oops) and had refreshed his waterbottle, went to fit it back to the cage without realising the little black hamster was in the very dark corner of the cage right where the bottle goes....welll...I don't know who was more suprised! The sound of the waterbottle made him jump, which then made me jump, then we both sat and stared at each other a few moments I have noticed though that he didn't seem to all out "panic" like he did at the very start, he instinctually bolted a little way across the cage but then stopped, like he realised it wasn't a huge threat after all. He seemed curious, so I opened the door and let him sniff my hand for a couple of minutes. He had a little run on his wheel while I talked to him and then I slipped him a couple of the choicest pieces from his foodbowl and he happily let me rub his little head between his ears while he muched away. What a good boy!
Space Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote