Thread: Míriel
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 11:59 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Míriel

I can't believe I'm writing this so very soon but my precious jewel has gone to the bridge.

She's been so full of life & energy, no sign of illness or even slowing down with age, I only just bought her some new toys to try to keep her mischievous little self busy out of the cage.
Thursday morning I was tidying up the mountain of substrate that engulfs her wheel & she came out to see what I was doing, seemed absolutely fine but in the evening she came to the door but didn't want to come out & just disappeared back to her nest.
Yesterday morning after I cleaned her wheel she still managed to build another mountain of substrate around it, in the evening there was no sign of her at all, she has had odd moody moments not wanting to come out before so I left her, I wish now that I hadn't not that it would have changed anything.
This morning I found her in her forever sleep, I'm just devastated & in shock.

Thank you for all the wonderful times we had my precious girl, I wish they didn't have to be over so soon but you will live on forever in my heart.

I chose this box I made for her final resting place, a nest inside with a needlefelted heart for her. I can't face thought just now but she will go to join the others in the memorial garden when I've had my final goodbyes.

miribox.jpg
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote