View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 07:02 AM  
ykirobo
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New Syrian Hammy and help thread!

Thank you for your reply.

I will then keep him on harry hamster, I just don't know if its an okay food as it has a lot of artificial green and yellow thingies in it. I will try those treats in moderation!

For the substrate I will completely switch to the Kaytee one then and some woodshavings.
I am providing him 6 inches of substate for him and I have one big wooden home and two smaller ingloos that come with the cage. i have wooden ladders and toys for him to gnaw and a sand box. He also has the Penthouse which is located at the top of the cage and so far he sleeps there or in one of the ingloos.

Once he gets more familiar with us and he is friendly I will have his cage open so he can run around the room. I don't have any cables etc on the floor so its not a danger. Even with my winter white, I had a lot of toys around for her and a small sand box so she was mainly running around in there and she used to get in the cage when she wanted to sleep.

I will do my best to upgrade the cage later on as I have a very small apartment and not enough space (that's why I let the hamsters out of the cage most of the day). I will try to get a photo of the cage once I get home!

THank you so much for your reply and advice!!
ykirobo is offline   Reply With Quote