View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 12:24 AM  
ykirobo
Newborn Pup

Default New Syrian Hammy and help thread!

Hello everyone how are you?
I am back after a long time.
I had a winter white dwarf Yuki and unfortunately she passed away last week from bronchitis. We went to the vet quite a few times but she didn't recover.

My husband bought me a new hamster, this time a Syrian which I named Momo. I don't know a lot of things about Syrians as I never had one before, so I will need your experience.

His cage is the Savic Hamster Heaven 50cmx80cm. I am providing him with a lot of chew toys and tubes. His wheel is a Giant Savic one (27,5 cm). His bedding is a mix of Carefresh and Kaytee paper as well as the Pets At Home Unscented Woodshavings.

He was being fed the Harry Hamster mix at the pet shop which I have mixed with the leftover Bunny Dwarf Hamster Dream Expert food in order to switch him to that one. Is the Bunny Dwarf a good diet for Syrians or is there something that I can add to make it more suitable for Syrians? Which brand would you recommend? I am also adding some dried mealworms in the mix.

For snacks, I usually have a JR Farm fruit tree for him to gnaw as well as those Vitakraft veg and fruit sticks.
I am also planning to add fresh (suitable) fruits and veggies in his diet once I stabilize his mix.

Any recommendations and advice is more than welcome as I am feeling a little bit lost.

Thank you!!

Last edited by ykirobo; 10-14-2020 at 12:31 AM.
ykirobo is offline   Reply With Quote