View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 03:56 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Hey! Need advice! Caring for a hamster for the first time in 13 years :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenW View Post
Hello, My name is Ren and i have recently got a new russian dwarf hamster named Winston. He is currently in a cage that he seems fine in (no bar chewing or climbing) but is definitely too small and i want to upgrade ASAP.

I have been looking at different options online and feel that i definitely want to go with something that is glass so we can see him playing as well as feel happy that he is not going to squeeze through the bars etc. The only problem is that finding anything of a suitable size online that delivers to Scotland seems to be an issue.

I have been keeping my eye out for any 2nd hand aquariums going on gumtree etc but was hoping people on this could share their cages/setups so i could have a look? Or even just the name o the cage and the rough dimensions? Anything you could share would be greatly appreciated.

if it comes to it i can get an ikea detolf but unfortunately this could not be until December as ikea is not near me and 'unessential' travel is not permitted with the pandemic.

Anyway, would love to see your cages and setups!
May I ask what cage you have? Can we see a pic (and one of your hamster too)?

I'm just thinking if you have to make do for the time being due to the pandemic, we can give you ideas on ways to provide enrichment within the space given. Obviously its not ideal but not the end of the world considering the current situation

I've attached photos of my Syrians cage. It you go onto my 'meet niko' thread you'll see my setup for my roborovski
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201013_214242119.jpg (4.05 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201013_214224585.jpg (3.02 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201013_214136290.jpg (3.39 MB, 5 views)

Last edited by Engel; 10-13-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote