Thread: Rescue Ratties
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 04:41 PM  
Amethyst_ice

Default Re: Rescue Ratties

I have a group already that I hope to intro them into once they settle in. I do watch yes, she's very good.

So... they are home!

My friend met me at the RSPCA centre and they brought them out to the car. My friend dived right in and lifted one out. He started boggling and bruxing! The other got some scritches form me in the carrier and looked very chilled. My friend gave up rats last year and was swooning over them big time!

Reading through their medical history, the younger of the two was 180g when they found him! Both have put on around 100g since and I hope to keep feeding them up. they have squared tails which isnt suprising, it's a sign on malnution and poor growth.

I got them in a snuggle pouch when I got home and they feel like velvet! I wasn't too bothered how they look, they are amazing little guys given what they have gone through. The younger is more confident and has hopped out the door onto my lap already lbut I think with time and my group they wil develop into really , confident boys.

I gave them some spaghetti and they didn't know what to do with it. Likewise the ropes in the cage scared them. Everything is new so i'm just taking my time with them. They seem to really like the pea flaks in my mix.. a bit odd given all all the more exciting things in my mix!

I know I made the right choice and it all feels just right. I don't even see their quirky looks tbh!

Here are some videos (on IG sorry, useless at tech!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGM_jcjH..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNATkmH..._web_copy_link

and the cute little gramlins!

IMG_20201011_135755_699.jpg

IMG_20201011_135755_688.jpg

IMG_20201011_215302.jpg

As you can see, Kairos is the more confident of the two, probably as he is younger. It's only day 1 though