Thread: Rescue Ratties
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:40 AM  
Amethyst_ice

Default Re: Rescue Ratties

If you plan to continue to have rats then I usually (pre covid) "top up" every 6 months to spread my ages out, I get the odd trio if I can as well as you never can predict losing them "in order"

The new guys will be going into old hammy Boromir's cage (80 x 50) while they settle. So I won't post that just incase any one visiting the forum doesn't read and thinks that is an ok perm rat set up.

My main cage is a liberta explorer I invested in several years ago and love it. The doors fully open and I can divide the cage into two sections which ive done when had a group of oldies who needed less climbing etc. I just did cage clean, it's not my ideal set up atm as I have an oldie with HLD (Hind leg degeneration) and he is a stubborn man and insists on still climbing to the top! Usually I'd have a similar age oldie to put them into retirement so ive had to add lots more hammocks and ledges and steps for him to get around.. it makes the others lazy though! I'll see what photos I can dig out for you

x