Thread: Food for Robos
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Food for Robos

Rodipet seems expensive at first but I think that's probably because people are used to paying very low prices for not very high quality foods. Once you consider how little hamsters eat it isn't really an expensive choice.

Nutrition also plays a part in overall health, so when we can make good decisions with the diet of our pets like this we're actively spending more money in the short term(in some cases less in the long term) for their health. I don't think we should bash or shame others for lack of knowledge by any means, but we can and quite frankly should be encouraging others towards species appropriate high quality foods!

I think a lot of animal nutrition does tend to go this way though. People often buy the cheap and convenient option thinking they're doing something right without necessarily taking the time to do more research and such. On the other hand you also have companies out there who market products which seem great to pet owners with less knowledge, usually making products seem scientifically superior somehow or "more nutritious" when the opposite is true - something I'd imagine helps Oxbow and other companies market pelleted diets towards hamsters especially if they're known for decent quality with other species!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote