View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:48 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Male Vs. Female Dwarf Robo

I find that a lot will depend on inherited temperament and personality rather than a hard and fast rule about gender determining behaviour. For example one of my female Chinese is probably the most laid back and calm little lady you'll ever meet but she comes from a line of rather laid back hamsters and I've also had male Chinese who have been quite lively but generally speaking, males tend to be more laid back and this certainly seems to be the case with Syrians. I know that a lot of people find that Syrians are easier to handle due to their size but my female Syrian is extremely difficult to handle at times and I feel that it's worth mentioning that a larger hamster is going to be that much more powerful and give a harder bite than a smaller dwarf. A good breeder or rescue should be able to tell you a little bit about the hamster's usual behaviour so it's always woirth asking them.

Out of the species, I have found that there has been the least difference in genders with the Roborovski but even a calm Roborovski from a good breeder is still rather lively in comparison to the other species.

I always recommend that people keep an open mind because I think that sometimes, it's like Roa says and a particular hamster will catch your eye and you'll know that they are the hamster for you.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote