View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:07 AM  
Ithuviel
Adult Hamster

Default Foster fail (positive story)

Hello forum

I haven't been so active in a while and all of you guys are great and you helped me a lot and thank you.

So about 7 days ago there is this add in my country hamster group of a hamster donation. Now...we all know the owner. He had this hamster since february and he got feedback on his small cage (50x30cm) and wheel 15 cm at the time. He kept insisting that all is fine and got a 24h mute in the group for supporting bad care. After getting his speach back he started quoting the constitution to us therefore we nicknamed him Mr. Constitution. Now he posted that he is donating his hamster Pufy because he is moving. Now...we look at the cage....and ITS THE SAME CAGE. All he did from february until now was to change the wheel.

So straight away i did not like him. Nobody liked him. I wasn't going to let the hamster spend his whole life in that cage anymore so i contacted him and offered to buy the cage. (he was also asking money for it). Anyway...he is pretty desperate and needs to get rid of the hamster . Offer to keep him as a foster parent until i find a permanent home but i insist that he keep the hamster as long as possible. Maybe he can find someone. So nobody is interested...and he starts threatining that he will dispose of it in a public place.

Now...i don't know about you guys i get triggered when i deal with emotional blackmail. Its not my fault you are a crappy owner and can't commit to having an animal for 2 years.....so i ask one of the friends from the group to talk to Mr. Constitution and get that hamster because at this point i'm pretty upset and i don't want to deal with this man any more.

So my friend gets the hamster and i put it in a temporary bin that is bigger than the cage it was in. (see pics). Right away the hamster is extremely tame she is already coming on my hand with excitement and doesn't bite. Just nibbles the fingers a bit as play i think.

So when i see her so chubby and funny and tame i just couldn't let her go so everyone, meet Pufy a russian hybrid. I will soon DIY a cage for her